Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys! just wondering if anyone could help me with my hard drive problem that i just recently got( 3 hours ago). OKay here's the story. I leave my computer on a lot..over night and this morning i decided to put it on stand-by. I woke up a few hours later and turned the computer on but nothing shows up on the monitor. Okay no big deal, I shut off the computer and rebooted it and behold..nothing comes up. The HDD and Power leds doesn't blink and nothing loads up on the screen. I checked out the HD and it still spins normally ( no awkward sounds). So my question is..did my HD just crashed? I am still waiting to test it on another computer but i have to find a computer that has SATA since my hard drive is ATA. If it did indeed crashed..is there a way to get all my files back?

ps. thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
What happens if you start up your computer with the harddrive disconnected?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you aren't getting any response from the computer at all it sounds like a power issue.When you push the power button does it do anything?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay i think i will take everything apart and put it back in again. lol, my computer is custom built..by me =). But before i do that, i reconnected the HD and same thing happens when i turn on the computer. I just get a black screen..the power button on the monitor stays yellow and doesnt turn green and the HD leds doesnt blink. I will reconnect the video and ram card right now. i'll get back to you guys in a few. thanks for the help so far!

well not sure if its video because the HD led doesnt blink.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay well guys i did something else. I plugged in a spare hd i had but it an IDE. The HD led blinks and i can get into windows. Like i said i am still waiting to test the ATA HD on another computer to see if its either a HD problem or could it be that my mother board is dmg.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have used that hard drive for almost a year now im im not sure what happened here. Probably because i left the computer on too long? lol. Darn..I hope i can get all my files back. Thanks for all the help though guys. I'll give an update by tonight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.