Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
edit: re writing my post since it was soo long... Getting my question out quick now

Ok I have a 80gig and 250gig. 250 is master, 80 is slave. Both on same ribbon.

The 80gig I think is causing problems, so I took it out, but when I do that, bios does not see the 250gig.

I tried switching eide cable around, so that the spot the 80 was, is where the 250 is.. Still no recognize...

However when I stick my windows cd in, windows will recognize it, and install halfway, but when it reboots to finish the install, it dosen't detect the 250gig, and boots from cd, since theres no drive according to my computer.

please help, I think the 80 gig is causing random reboots!

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

edit: re writing my post since it was soo long... Getting my question out quick now

Ok I have a 80gig and 250gig. 250 is master, 80 is slave. Both on same ribbon.

The 80gig I think is causing problems, so I took it out, but when I do that, bios does not see the 250gig.

I tried switching eide cable around, so that the spot the 80 was, is where the 250 is.. Still no recognize...

However when I stick my windows cd in, windows will recognize it, and install halfway, but when it reboots to finish the install, it dosen't detect the 250gig, and boots from cd, since theres no drive according to my computer.

please help, I think the 80 gig is causing random reboots!

I would attempt running the 80 gig as the master on IDE1 and the 250Gig as the slave on IDE2. It may also be a problem with the windows configuration which you might want to investigate in Computer Management.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostnhell

I would attempt running the 80 gig as the master on IDE1 and the 250Gig as the slave on IDE2. It may also be a problem with the windows configuration which you might want to investigate in Computer Management.

I want to get rid of the 80gig, I wanna pull this thing out and make it burn in hell..

I think its whats making my computer crash, do not want it installed...

but the 250 cannot be found by bios without it =\\

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I want to get rid of the 80gig, I wanna pull this thing out and make it burn in hell..

I think its whats making my computer crash, do not want it installed...

but the 250 cannot be found by bios without it =\\

That is a very strange issue, are you running on the newest version of BIOS?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostnhell
That is a very strange issue, are you running on the newest version of BIOS?
yep latest

im getting my 100gig back from my friend, to replace the 80 with.. but I gotta wait another few hours tell he wakes up.. and i'd rather just elminate the 80 =\\

1 - 5 of 5 Posts