Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had windows xp home, and i broke off a 20gig partition to stick windows xp pro x64. I was going to convert it back to a home, and just use the old home as a storage for all of my files. ( i have a 300 gig hdd, 270 usable, and 129 of it had information.) While i was going through windows setup (bout to click to format). My computer shut off. So i tried to just boot from my x64 or my home, couldnt read either. So i decided to just format the x64 with the x64 disc in, then restart and use the home to install windows. After all of this my xp home came up, and it was on a 131gig space... I was like ***, and under disc management i cant see where my other 129 gigs are (had xp home, same as the new install). This is the space that wasnt free on my old xp home install. So it reformated all of my unused space to stick a new xp home on, and didnt format my 129 gigs with info on it. But i cant find that 129 gigs anywhere, its not registered in anything. Partition magic says my hdd is 131 gigs now... Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
I put this in amd mobos because sometimes its the mobo not recognizing what size it is...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i knew i could do that, the thing is, i think that i could recover the information i have... I really dont want to lose it. I have papers that i started writing that are pretty long and took my countless hours on that im not done with, and dont have them anywhere else. I also have 20+gigs of music (no where else), all the south park epi, drawn together, family guy etc...<br />
<br />
edit: update<br />
<br />
Paragons partition manager found the rest of my hdd and its labeled under unallocated space. So im doing a partition recovery to see if it will come up with anything.../crosses fingers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive never installed linux, however i do have a linux os CD. how would linux help me access it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts