Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. Every once and a while, mostly during virus or ad-aware scans i get BSOD and when i reboot my HD doesn't show up in bios and my comp wont boot to it, but if i hardboot(turn the power off) it recognizes my HD and then i can go about my way. What could be causing this problem?

·
Registered
161 Posts
This may sound silly, but you have checked the cables are correctly connected? Also try running a chkdisk to make sure there are no errors on the drive.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that was the first thing i check. no its not the cables and there are no errors on the disk its really weird. Its almost like my harddrive just dies and can only be resurected by a hard boot regular reboots do no good.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprachuan
Yea that was the first thing i check. no its not the cables and there are no errors on the disk its really weird. Its almost like my harddrive just dies and can only be resurected by a hard boot regular reboots do no good.
is it a old hard drive? how much space is on there?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha its almost brandnew. its a Western Digital SATA caviar drive. Im gettin frustrated because i had a more powerful PSU a while back which fried this drive so I rmaed it and got a new one and now this one is having issues even tho im using a stable PSU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts