Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I got windows xp to work on my laptop as you might of seen in my earlier thread. I partitioned 10gb's of my 160gb hard drive for test (windows 2000 is installed on the other 150gb's). I want to use windows xp as my main os but I only have 10gb's of storage. Is their anyway I can uninstall windows 2k and get my 150gb's back or do I have to format and reinstall?

Thanks,

Wamthesuperwam

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not so clear on what the problem is, why don't you just format the 150GB partition, and leave the 10GB partition as it is with XP installed? The you end up with your XP on one partition, and the other 150GB for data.. Or am i missing something?

·
Registered
172 Posts
You would still be able to use all 160GB using OZ's way. But if you want to combine them you need a partition editor.

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK i understand.. Yes merging partitions is possible with tools such as partition magic. You might even be able to do this operation, using XP.. Possibly with the install disc, when it asks about partitions during the install..Am sure you'll find plenty of free disc tools online to do this partition merge also..
But you don't need to merge them to use all 160GB. you could simply reformat your 150GB partition, and use it to store your data.. Sometimes its very useful to keep one partition for your OS, and one for data. It means if you were to re-install XP in the future, you can leave the 2nd data partition intact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts