Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started up my comp after I finally recieved my replacement mobo, the LanParty logo would appear but it would look kinda scratchy and wierd. Then, after that, it would go into a screen that looks like this. After trying out a number of IDE cables in both slots, with the DVD drive unplugged and the HDD unplugged at different intervals, I decided to try it out on this comp, and it started up normal, with no odd looking screens. Then this morning, I went to plug my hdd back in and it worked...tried to install Windows, and it formatted fine and copied all the files over fine, but when I retarted it, it gave me "Error Loading Operating System". So I went to try XP Pro, and the same results came up. I went to try the other hdd again, and the wierd screen came up again. I then plugged my hdd back in and the wierd screen came up AGAIN. Anyone else get this really annoying problem? I need this comp up and running by next week cause I have like 5 projects on the comp I gotta do.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say "might be broken again", what are you refering to? And I've tried reinstalling Windows XP like 10 times today.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaning more towards it being a broken hard drive cause I JUST got this mobo replaced like 2 days ago.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blast...ok. I'll go tommorow and pick up a new one and see if that works. Thanks for the imput.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
a hard drive wouldnt cause that kind of screen, but it would cause the error loading OS, so just try a new hard drive, if that isnt it, it might just be your video card.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got the error even before I loaded an OS to the HDD. I had also tried another HDD (the one on this computer), and at first it worked fine, but when I continued to test stuff and tried the one from this one again, the wierd screen showed up.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing I've messed with in the BIOS so far is the boot priority.

Ok, so I tried installing Windows (again) using another computer. It booted fine, copied files fine, and got into the desktop and stuff perfectly. I then unplugged the hdd from that comp, and hooked it up to my comp. I didn't get a wierd screen, but after the LP logo appeared, another checking screen came up (usual), and then the screen quickly flashed a BSOD color, and restarted. I could see that there was a bit of info on the BSOD, but it flashed to fast. For some reason, this problem sounds familiar, but I"m still unsure as to what may be the cause of it. I took my vid card and reseated it into the PCI-E 2 slot, but it still went screwy. I'm gonna go pop it back into the other comp and see if that helps. Any other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, when it restarted, the screen with the choices on how you wanna boot up (Safe Mode, Safe Mode Network, Safe Mode Command Prompt, Normal, or last good config) shows up, and when I do normal, it does the blue screen thing, and when I try safe mode, a bunch of directories show up, then it restarts...no one knows?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've:

Replaced the RAM
Connected a floppy and ran memtest
Swapped out HDDs
Reseated the video card in the other PCI-E slot

NOTHING IS WORKING. I can NOT believe the miserable luck I am having with this computer!!! I've never EVER had this much trouble before!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts