Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Seems a bit slow, but within the average...
Can't really find anything to compare it to yet.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts

Ok this is the HD tune for the same disk as yours... So yeah, your numbers are pretty low... It seems to be going all over the place. Maybe the HDD is dying?

Upgrading depends on if you find the current speeds workable or not.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Not really but obvious your drive is fragmented and something is running in the background stealing clocks. So no not good but not your HDD's problem defrag and turn off what ever is running in the background then run again. Numbers should be better.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
yeah your drive should be a noticeable amount faster than that. ^^^ is likely correct. try defragmenting it and cleaning it up a bit with ccleaner (free app, just look it up on google). if you plan on getting an f3 then my answer would be yes--it should be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanahan
View Post

I actually had l4d2 open, let me rerun this

Well there's your problem.

·
Banned
744 Posts
OP see how all your yellow dots are all over the place? Hassassins are tight? Yours is fragmented his is not. Your up and down spikes means something in the background is taking clocks. Fix those and see how you do. Smart Defrag is free and fast. As good or better than any paid defrag.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How would fragmentation have anything to do with HDTune? HDTune is reading data off the drive in a sequential manner, but that isn't user data. If it were using the user data, which could be fragmented, it would have to first fill the rest of the HDD with random data.

Fragmentation has NO effect on HDTune it just doesn't make sense.

What is happening is you might have some backgroup process stealing I/O time, otherwise you either have a bad drive, bad cable, or a bad configuration.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frazell View Post
How would fragmentation have anything to do with HDTune? HDTune is reading data off the drive in a sequential manner, but that isn't user data. If it were using the user data, which could be fragmented, it would have to first fill the rest of the HDD with random data.

Fragmentation has NO effect on HDTune it just doesn't make sense.

What is happening is you might have some backgroup process stealing I/O time, otherwise you either have a bad drive, bad cable, or a bad configuration.
You need to focus on your comprehension skills. I clearly said as far as the spikes go that is something using clocks. On to random access the yellow dots. Those are sequential? Are you for real? So let me get this straight RA is sequential? Sequential and random? You see the stupidity of your comment? Anymore comments?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts