Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a newegg review of a guy talking about the removable HD cage in teh TTArmor being too close to the PSU? is this a valid argument? is a PSU being close to a hard drive bad for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16811133021

Pros: Large case with plenty of room for expansion. Supports basically any motherboard you'll get you're hands on (atx, btx, mini-atx, ect) Fans are very quiet, despite what you may think with having the huge 250mm on the side.

Cons: Again, LARGE, heavy case. Light loaded you're easily looking at 50+ pounds easy. Manual is very lacking. Have to mod case to put in new front fans unless you want to buy another rack. Can also be hard to tell where to put the little screw holder pin thingies for the mobo to sit on as markings for that aren't that clear. Top panel design makes it hard to get PSUs in, and the little bracket they include doesn't fit some. Firewire connecter isn't bundled together like the USB/FPA ones are (bad mistake by TT) Toolless design isn't really toolless even in the manual they suggest you fasten things with screws. Even though they are quiet, stock fans don't seem to move much air (see below for more detail) Biggest "Con" imo though is the fact that they include a rack for 3 HDs, with a 90mm fan as exhaust right behind them, RIGHT NEXT TO THE PSU. The STEEL rack will be less then an inch from PSU, if not TOUCHING. I removed the rack as I wont be sticking an HDD that close to the PSU

Other Thoughts: All in all, I'd buy this case again. While it is HUGE, that can be a good thing at times. I'll probably never make full use of the space in it, but it is still nice. Because of the few major flaws above (like there putting an HD rack next to the PSU) I can't really give this a high rating, but it is still a good case, and if they fixed a couple things it'd be easily a 50/5 About the fans, I don't know what it is, but when I have the sidepanel off, my ultra-cool cpu (Core 2 Duo) runs at maybe 27c and mobo 30 (no, I'm not making those numbers up, the cpu IS running cooler then the mobo). Putting on the side panel immediately ups temp by 10 for the cpu and 5 for the mobo. Need to upgrade the fans and see if that helps. Fans also don't FEEL like they are pushing much air (very weak airflow out the back even with two fans) though I know they are installed right. Also, why does everyone do blue for cases? Blue is so hard on the eyes, but all the good cases have blue led fans I replac

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
the only way I could think of it being bad is by adding heat into the equation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts