Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atm, my ek L240 re.1 uses 3/8 5/8 soft tubing.

What size for hardline acrylic should I aim for. I see they are in mm.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
100% based on what you like the look of, and how much you want to spend, the 16mm stuff is also a bit harder to work with than the 12mm. But the size has no effect on the flow rate of the loop. Primochill also has imperial sized hardline but there are way more choices for fittings with metric tubing.

16mm looks the best to me!

Jake

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The 12mm OD size is the most common, is the closest to the actual internal size of G1/4 ports and the fittings are closest in size to standard extension and adaptor fittings.

Just be aware that some manufacturers use imperial and metric sizes interchangeably in their advertising and descriptions but of course they aren't really the same. Fittings and tube should be the same.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 12mm OD size is the most common, is the closest to the actual internal size of G1/4 ports and the fittings are closest in size to standard extension and adaptor fittings.

Just be aware that some manufacturers use imperial and metric sizes interchangeably in their advertising and descriptions but of course they aren't really the same. Fittings and tube should be the same.
Yup I investigated and determined that 12-13mm OD would be used.

I am putting this build on hold till after December, cuz i just started on payments for layaway on a 2015 kona lava dome mountain bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts