Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Sometime later this year, Mac users will be able to run Grand Theft Auto on their Macs without 3rd party applications slowing down performance. Good news for Mac users, not to mention the increased sales for Rockstar Games.

Source:

Code:
Code:
http://hardocp.com/news/2010/09/11/grand_theft_auto_trilogy_bound_for_mac
See what valve did? lol

Sorry if this is a repost. I did a search and found nothing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Good thing they're not sending GTA IV out there, I just know Mac users will blame all the performance issues on the PC.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Good for Rockstar and Apple; the more people get games for OS X, the more people will complain that their hardware sucks, so hopefully Apple will start putting in decent GPUs in their machines.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sozin
View Post

Good for Rockstar and Apple; the more people get games for OS X, the more people will complain that their hardware sucks, so hopefully Apple will start putting in decent GPUs in their machines.

exactly wont be long

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know right...would it kill them to at least put a 5870m or 480m in their PRO macbook model? Or at LEAST their iMac?

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
While they are at it, a few tweaks to PC performance wouldn't go amiss

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Now if they did stuff like this for linux.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post
Now if they did stuff like this for linux.
Dunno about Rockstar, but Valve anyway probably will eventually.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Cool
I imagine a 27" iMac would run this fantastically.

·
Hardware Aficionado
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dafootballer View Post
by GTA trilogy im guessing they mean 3, vice city, and San Andreas
Most likely - meaning it run well on most of the newer, intel macs. GTA 4 will never happen, it would pretty much only run on mac pros, the latest imacs, and hackintoshes.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,149 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post
I know right...would it kill them to at least put a 5870m or 480m in their PRO macbook model? Or at LEAST their iMac?
They have a 5850M in the high end 27" iMac, and as an option in the low end 27" iMac. And, MacBook Pro's favour battery life over a more powerful GPU.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbom View Post
They have a 5850M in the high end 27" iMac, and as an option in the low end 27" iMac. And, MacBook Pro's favour battery life over a more powerful GPU.
Exactly. Not to mention the fact that I just so happen to consider the 330m(MB/MBP) and the 5750(iMac) "Decent." They arent 5850/480 good by any means, but come on, a 330m isnt Decent to you people? Thats better than most.

However, it does worry me greatly that more people will be buying Mac. They are good computers, But the last thing we need is more computer illiterate people supporting mac.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,149 Posts
Quote:
Exactly. Not to mention the fact that I just so happen to consider the 330m(MB/MBP) and the 5750(iMac) "Decent." They arent 5850/480 good by any means, but come on, a 330m isnt Decent to you people? Thats better than most.
Just in case you didn't know, the GPU in the high end iMac is a 5850M, they just refer to it as a 5750 (desktop).

Quote:
However, it does worry me greatly that more people will be buying Mac. They are good computers, But the last thing we need is more computer illiterate people supporting mac.
Why?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle
View Post

Christ, what do you want for only the low price of $3500? Next thing you know you will be asking for Blu-ray support.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz
View Post

Good thing they're not sending GTA IV out there, I just know Mac users will blame all the performance issues on the PC.

Yeah, what a bunch of whiners. PC users never blame performance issues on another platform...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts