Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Linux Lobbyist
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
The MSI N460GTX Hawk Edition (press release) is a video card with decidedly high-end aspirations in spite of its status as a mid-level graphics card. It has a lot in common with MSI's Lightning series, from which we have recently reviewed the R5870 Lightning. It features military grade components, an improved PCB design, a custom "Twin Frozr II" cooling device, and advanced power management technology. MSI's primary bullet points for this special piece of hardware are as follows:

World's First Triple Over Voltage largely increase the overclocking potential. (First GTX 460 reaches to 1GHz of GPU clock under air cooling!)
7+1 Phase PWM Design increases extra 30A current output to GPU for better power supply.

Twin Frozr II Thermal Design provides 18℃ Cooler and 8.1dB quieter compared to reference Design!

Military Class Components have longer lifespan and better stability.
APS (Active Phase Switch) helps save power usage by controlling PWM automatically.

V-Check Points allow users to read voltage directly by multi-meter.

Source

EDIT:

Forgot the [HardOCP] in the subject and can't edit it

·
Linux Lobbyist
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGGUN View Post
Just edit and then click go advanced and you can change the title.
Ahh cool, cheers.

·
OG AMD
8,879 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
932 Mhz? disappoint. That "Tripple overvoltage" stuff doesn't really work lol. This card seems to be a pretty big let down and a poor overclocker in reviews. I know 932Mhz is still good but i wanted to see 1Ghz

Disappoint? Doesn't work?Poor overclocker? You know of another card better?From what I see that is great results,regardless if it didn't hit 1 GHz.I'm sure with futher tweaking 1 GHz is reachable.They used Best Buy Dynex T.I.M.
,and never maxed out the available GPU voltage overclock.This is way better than the reference cards,even running cooler with max. overclock.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
Disappoint? Doesn't work?Poor overclocker? You know of another card better?From what I see that is great results,regardless if it didn't hit 1 GHz.I'm sure with futher tweaking 1 GHz is reachable.They used Best Buy Dynex T.I.M.
,and never maxed out the available GPU voltage overclock.This is way better than the reference cards,even running cooler with max. overclock.
poor OCer, because most Cyclones can hit 900c with a slight voltage bump - 32mhz isn't that much more and isn't really going to make a difference.

the disappointment comes from the fact that this thing was hyped to hit 1ghz core before release, and a lot don't.

is it a better card, ignoring price? yes. problem is, it is like the 470 on release - just a bit less, and you get the same performance almost, for a fraction of the cost. it doesn't live up to thehype that it was given before release. fair or not? you decide

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
Actually I'm pretty sure if you put on heatsinks on the rams and the vrm you could continue to push that sucker further.

People should definitely not be upset about this card not hitting 1 Ghz, I would get this in a heartbeat once it's available where I'm from!

·
OG AMD
8,879 Posts
My experience exactly-couldn't go above 950 or so untill I added cooling to the VRM's...after that 1050 was a walk in the park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts