Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now here's some fun news for the weekend:

Quote:
Independent studio Mutant Entertainment has offered a new title, I Can't Believe It's Not Gambling, that parodies the idea of loot boxes in gaming. The premise is straightforward: opening loot boxes. Players are able to unlock new skins and hats for their "Lootbox Loadout" in the title.
Quote:
Do you love opening loot crates, but hate the tedious gameplay sessions in between? Our marketing department has the game for you! Unbox random items! Get stuff, but not what you really want! Skate legal and ethical lines! Remember kids, it's only a video game, so grab your parents credit card!
Source.

The meta-icing on the meta-cake? It's on sale!

lachen.gif

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
So uh... does the in-game currency actually cost real money or do you just run a virtual "mom's credit card" to get more in-game currency?

If they are trying to make real-world money on micro-transactions within a game that is making a parody of loot boxes because they are unethical (and all that), my pitchfork is sharpened and my torch is re-fueled
tongue.gif

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

So uh... does the in-game currency actually cost real money or do you just run a virtual "mom's credit card" to get more in-game currency?

If they are trying to make real-world money on micro-transactions within a game that is making a parody of loot boxes because they are unethical (and all that), my pitchfork is sharpened and my torch is re-fueled
tongue.gif
It's got 95% positive reviews. Almost as good as Half-life 2.
biggrin.gif

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

It's got 95% positive reviews. Almost as good as Half-life 2.
biggrin.gif
If Bliz had game rating implemented in their store, I'm sure Overwatch would be 95% positive too
wink.gif

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
I'm going to buy this as soon as I get home.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,771 Posts
Now that's how you capitalize off of simple minded gamers!

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

I'm going to buy this as soon as I get home.
Even when its a parody, and its not making any money out of addiction, i assure you it is seriously addictive game
biggrin.gif

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,704 Posts
Even at 99 cents this is a waste of money. Shower with your Dad simulator is a better value.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I bought it today, will do a review on it next week. It's actually decently made and fun. If you pay attention to Jim Sterling's video, you'll realise that there's a very easy way to game the system to avoid running out of credits.

·
Head Smeghead of OCN
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman_90 View Post

Even at 99 cents this is a waste of money. Shower with your Dad simulator is a better value.
Is that the one with the random "shower suddenly runs out of hot water" feature?
weirdsmiley.gif

Regardless, I'll pass if you don't mind.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Steam users are idiots though.
It's 2017, any Internet platform with a massified user base is statistically going to have a large number of idiots.

This is a 98 cent joke, that is all.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It's fun, actually. Best $0.99 I've spent on Steam.

If you don't find the humor and satire in it, then pass. If you do, it's only $0.99.

Also, the Christmas DLC is out.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

It's fun, actually. Best $0.99 I've spent on Steam.

If you don't find the humor and satire in it, then pass. If you do, it's only $0.99.

Also, the Christmas DLC is out.
Free DLC is tremendous value.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

If Bliz had game rating implemented in their store, I'm sure Overwatch would be 95% positive too
wink.gif
Wouldn't be the 1st time Blizzard fudged numbers to make themselves look good...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts