Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends has been having hardcore comp probs. his HD's have been regularly crashing after being bumped slightly and then not even getting detected in BIOS. Well he decided a 120gig (WD I think) was totally shot. So he started slapping it. Then he threw it on the floor. Then I passed him a piece of some excercise system which was a round steel bar with a cushion on it. And he hit it with that. Then the pad fell off....and well he said:

F*ck this. And this is what ensued:
EDIT: no mo vids

this is what it looked like afterwards:

click

A picture of the drive in better condition and the weapon my friends and I beat it with:

click

I got to relieve stress on it too

The surface is dented really hardcore and also the controller chip flew off in the first video. Ahhhh good times....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by --Filip--
One of my friends has been having hardcore comp probs. his HD's have been regularly crashing after being bumped slightly and then not even getting detected in BIOS. Well he decided a 120gig (WD I think) was totally shot. So he started slapping it. Then he threw it on the floor. Then I passed him a piece of some excercise system which was a round steel bar with a cushion on it. And he hit it with that. Then the pad fell off....and well he said:

F*ck this. And this is what ensued:
(sorry bout stupid Qtime)
Video1
Video2
Hard Drive Baseball in the Snow

this is what it looked like afterwards:

click

A picture of the drive in better condition and the weapon my friends and I beat it with:

click

I got to relieve stress on it too

The surface is dented really hardcore and also the controller chip flew off in the first video. Ahhhh good times....
this is what happens when today's youth has far too much free time. Remind me never to tick you guys off...

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
LMAO ill get one of me destroyin hella **** tomorrow.. i hope 42 minutes is enough to destroy a computer - the case.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
i hope i have a metal bat.. i think i would break the wood ones *calls up dan to use as a camera guy.. this is gunna rock the house!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would suggest for beating the hell out of a case to get in a car go real fast down your street and throw it like at your mailbox/mother in law/wall.

I took a claw hammer to a case once...it was pretty good for cracking but it didn't totally destroy it.

Why not fry the power supply with the mobo attached?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
but wait. can i fry the psu and mobo at the same time then beat the **** out of it?
Why not smear solder all over the pins of the chipset on 2 sides? then hook 2 leads from the PSU on it on either side and power up
?

Or do the same thing to the cpu? My guess is the wires will fry first though.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
despite my geekyness, i managed to get a girl... don't ask me how, hmm.. she was kinda nerd like, but didn't look it... yo umight know how it is, she didn't do much other than school... and yeah.. school, i think i gave her a taste of non-curricular activites
hehehe

the links to the videos don't work
can you re-link them, if you want to load them onto my ftp, PM me

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry, I reckoned this topic was fairly dead, and I was sweeping out my server so the 50 megs of videos had to go

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heh, I personally would never do that even if I thought they were shot cuz there's always some money to be made. My cousin said he would have bought that drive...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts