Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000Mhz

Quote:

On PC Inlife there appeared first results to a strongly overclocked HD 4890 graphic card, which fuel the rumors about a HD 4890 OC. But we cannot guarantee for authenticity completely. The results have to be handled with a certain scepticism....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
and its not even with an aftermarket cooler and arctic silver 5- with this it would probably go to 1050/1100+

well, what's the price difference between HD4830 and HD4890 ? I'm talking sapphire , CAD currency. crossfire.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
thats a Ghz right?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pLuhhmm
View Post

thats a Ghz right?

Yes, as in 1 Ghz.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I can't wait to see what this card can do.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
why is that site link in english now ? it always opens in german for me

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
That vantage extreme score is very impressive. Hopefully all 4890s will clock similarly. If it's true, imagine it on water. And imagine the custom Asus Matrix version with increased voltage under water. 1.1-1.2GHz anybody?

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man
View Post

W T F!!?? has there ever been a graphics card surpass the 1Ghz mark?

Yes, but I don't think on air or even water for that matter.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Dammit, why!! I just bought a 4870 X2 and there probably gonna come out with a 4890 X2. O well

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man
View Post

Yes there were. ATIs RV 670 HD 3870s were capable of going over the 1Ghz mark with voltage mods. They were built on the GT process, the same one ATI is using for RV 790 now.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_milk_man View Post
Vmodded 3870s over on xtreme systems.

When I first saw the title I thought they were talking about the memory, since its at 975 already, but wow man, if they can release it retail I think ATI will have the GPU crown back, I doubt even GTX 285 can touch that.

·
Banned
4,340 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr4zYH3aD View Post
and its not even with an aftermarket cooler and arctic silver 5- with this it would probably go to 1050/1100+
Arctic Silver has nothing to do with lower temperatures or achieving a higher overclock.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hal515 View Post
Dammit, why!! I just bought a 4870 X2 and there probably gonna come out with a 4890 X2. O well

I don't think ATI will beat the dead horse with the 4000 series when 40nm and 5800 cards are just around the corner. So i wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts