Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Slides suggest between 2%-8% higher gaming performance for the 11900k as compared to the 5900x.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,022 Posts
well its accurate.

i would actually focus z590 issue

the thing iditubers nvr raise is

is z590 worth it
1. still dmi 3.0 although its 8x
but wasted on thunderbolt usbc x2, wifi 6e
2. mobo are gonna be overpriced in their insane phase amp war

1 & 2 for a 8 core? wasnt this a gaming cpu??

so if u dont care about 1 & 2. z490 + possible gen 4 switch or nvme adapter. you are good with rkt.

is there even any z590 exclusive feature for rkt?? afaik none.

·
Facepalm
9,192 Posts
well its accurate.

i would actually focus z590 issue

the thing iditubers nvr raise is

is z590 worth it
1. still dmi 3.0 although its 8x
but wasted on thunderbolt usbc x2, wifi 6e
2. mobo are gonna be overpriced in their insane phase amp war

1 & 2 for a 8 core? wasnt this a gaming cpu??

so if u dont care about 1 & 2. z490 + possible gen 4 switch or nvme adapter. you are good with rkt.

is there even any z590 exclusive feature for rkt?? afaik none.
V-latch?? :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
There are all sorts of suspicious things about this launch, the main one being -per my buddy at intel- that intel is binning the ever loving hell out of these i9-11900K chips to the point the yield isn't sustainable without charging several thousands of dollars for each chip, meaning these will be essentially reviewer only chips... sure there might be several thousand released to the wild, but that will be it, while all those chips which failed this insane binning (they're doing to create these chips) will be released under other titles, for much more sustainable prices and availabilities.

and when i talk insane binning he's said most chips apparently barely reach 4.8-5.0 ghz. so these are basically custom factory overclocked chips masquerading as a top of the line product.

·
PC Evangelist
47,252 Posts
There are all sorts of suspicious things about this launch, the main one being -per my buddy at intel- that intel is binning the ever loving hell out of these i9-11900K chips to the point the yield isn't sustainable without charging several thousands of dollars for each chip, meaning these will be essentially reviewer only chips... sure there might be several thousand released to the wild, but that will be it, while all those chips which failed this insane binning (they're doing to create these chips) will be released under other titles, for much more sustainable prices and availabilities.

and when i talk insane binning he's said most chips apparently barely reach 4.8-5.0 ghz. so these are basically custom factory overclocked chips masquerading as a top of the line product.
11850K incoming.
Yes they will probably be review only chips.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,022 Posts

not sure about that BUT
we trust intel binning, following electrical spec, thermal spec

compare to the garbage zen cpus.

·
Registered
833 Posts
intel test notes say that the results may vary by +/- 15%, which is absurd to say the least.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hm. Interesting.

A 2%-8% percent performance claim is exceedingly modest for Intel promotional material. Let's hope they are underselling this thing.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
4-5% average for how much more power usuage and a dead end socket?

Not worth it in the slightest.

I will still give credit where credit is due though and impressive for intel to do this on an old 14nm process. It would have been really impressive if intel got there node drop down pat.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I'll stick with my 5900x!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Eh end of the day im still going to try and upgrade. My 5930k x99 build is starting to show its age especially with a strix 3090.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well I guess I can stop worrying about the recent upgrade I made. i7-930 to a 10850K that I got for 240 bucks. I was very concerned about being left behind with apparently USB 4.0 and PCI-E gen 4. Yeah I think I'll stick with Z490 then.
My main CPU demanding uses are gaming at 4K and then some video editing

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm more interested when they take this ipc increase and take it to 10nm and then add in the big little design to boot.
The REAL killer cpu is still yet to come in the fall. This is the stop gap

not to mention, platform upgrade will actually be worth while with ddr5
alder lake is the cpu we've been waiting for. 16 core 24 thread with the insane clocks

·
Registered
757 Posts
i'm more interested when they take this ipc increase and take it to 10nm and then add in the big little design to boot.

alder lake is the cpu we've been waiting for. 16 core 24 thread with the insane clocks
lol sounds like im about to get left behind again :(. Dunno why my two past upgrades have been at the tail end of major architecture changes. DDR2 to DDR 3 SATA 2 to Sata 3 and now Im on gen 3 and everything is moving to gen 4/5

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,624 Posts
I'll stick with my 5900x!
That is if you can actually buy it at this present time, here in Convict Town :mad: .

If Intel releases anything in vast numbers, that alone can beat the AMD unicorn releases of their 5000 series.

Remember, you're only a winner if you can provide the product for sufficient purchasing.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,624 Posts

Agreed.

Intel might get the chance to release their gear all before we get any 5900+ series to our shores. Hence, Intel might actually win by providing their hardware in vast numbers for us to purchase.

Might be there in line to buy some Intel, simply due to the laziness of AMD in providing anything to their former customers.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
not sure about that BUT
we trust intel binning, following electrical spec, thermal spec

compare to the garbage zen cpus.
chuckles...let the butthurt flow through you my young pedawan

1 - 20 of 50 Posts