Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all I'm sorry if the question has already been asked 100 times.

It inst in Germany very difficult to get radiators from Hardwarelabs, why is a mystery to me.

I plan to build an O11 Dynamic with
2x Hardware Labs SR2 360 + 1x 360GT
Or
3x 360GTS
Warm these radiators?

The test results convinced me!!!

Now to my question.
Who has experience with Hardwarelabs and how are they?

Aim of the build is to be a quiet pc 800rpm with fans.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
First of all I'm sorry if the question has already been asked 100 times.

It inst in Germany very difficult to get radiators from Hardwarelabs, why is a mystery to me.

I plan to build an O11 Dynamic with
2x Hardware Labs SR2 360 + 1x 360GT
Or
3x 360GTS
Warm these radiators?

The test results convinced me!!!

Now to my question.
Who has experience with Hardwarelabs and how are they?

Aim of the build is to be a quiet pc 800rpm with fans.
HW Labs is very reliable. We have a hard time getting HWLabs in the US too :p SR2 > GTS, if you can afford it that is the route to go. Performance wise, they will be pretty similar at 800 RPM, but you will gain in terms of less restriction with the SR2 design. Another middle option would be the 360 GTX in place of the SR2s. I am considering going with the SR2 up top as I want to route the side radiator to the top radiator through the back panel as GGF did.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast answer i have seen his Build where u got that picture from?

I am worried about the redtriction from using 3xgtxs so i think i Go the way with the sr2 . Cheers

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Thanks for the fast answer i have seen his Build where u got that picture from?

I am worried about the redtriction from using 3xgtxs so i think i Go the way with the sr2 . Cheers
I specifically asked him for a detailed pic of the back routing on Facebook. He is extremely helpful!

The GTX is relatively low restriction as well if you don't need all the multiple port configs on the SR2. 3 GTS might be pushing the D5, but I think 2 GTS + CPU + GPU would be okay. If you're eager to build now, EK XE360 isn't a bad replacement for the thicker radiators.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Hi there

Regarding where to get HWLabs in Germany, I can say in UK are available from Watercooling_uk or in Netherlands Highflow I think have at stock

Which radiators to get, SR-2 I would get only due the multiport option,SR-2 is less restrictive than GTS, running 3*GTS360 on my loop and no issues

If D5 would be enough, hard to say, you will be pushing this D5 and I would assume you will be need to run pump at max speed to have reasonable flow

EK XE360 not sure if I would again recommend, on GTS360 I can't hear fans at same RPM but on EK XE360 I can hear the fans bit more than on GTS360

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the tip!
I also asked him if he could send some pictures!

Short background.
At 3xgts I would try to build a dual loop with 2 EK XRES 100 d5 in the rear compartment with a really clean and open look at the front (I developed a Dual D5 mount for this)

For the version with 2 SR-2 I would build with a pump.
Can later send pictures from the 3D Payout I created for the planning :)

I have a EK EX in the system; )
I'd just like to try something else

Greetings Steve

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
I also asked him if he could send some pictures!

Short background.
At 3xgts I would try to build a dual loop with 2 EK XRES 100 d5 in the rear compartment with a really clean and open look at the front (I developed a Dual D5 mount for this)

For the version with 2 SR-2 I would build with a pump.
Can later send pictures from the 3D Payout I created for the planning :)

I have a EK EX in the system; )
I'd just like to try something else

Greetings Steve
I'd be very interested to see a dual D5 design in the rear compartment. I'm still struggling to plan my loop as it is my first time running hard tubing, and I can't order all of my parts (everything is out of stock!).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be very interested to see a dual D5 design in the rear compartment. I'm still struggling to plan my loop as it is my first time running hard tubing, and I can't order all of my parts (everything is out of stock!).
Dont get Confused my the DUAL pumps, i just dont have an other Model of the EK RES but it is spacewise nealy the same the XRES 100 is just 10mm higher

EDIT:
LIAN LI dosent provide any Model of the 011 Dynamic , i ask them but they just daid No :(

Attachments

·
Newsfiend
2,423 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,227 Posts
To answer your first question, having tested and used most of the top names in rads (AC, EK, XSPC, Swiftech, Magicool), the HWL are far and away the best I have used. The quality is top notch, finish is excellent, and performance is best in class. Definitely worth the trouble to get into Germany.

On the SR-2 vs. GTX, if you are planning on running the fans at low speeds, stick with the SR-2. They are far more efficient at lower fan speeds. The GTX is far denser and requires a lot more fan speed and noise to catch up to the SR-2:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Dont get Confused my the DUAL pumps, i just dont have an other Model of the EK RES but it is spacewise nealy the same the XRES 100 is just 10mm higher

EDIT:
LIAN LI dosent provide any Model of the 011 Dynamic , i ask them but they just daid No :(
Ahh gotcha, that would be a very neat design. That model is great, what are you designing that in?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I designed in CREO

You can also wait until I've printed it to make sure it all fits.

For now i Plan to fit 3 SR-2 in this case....will be realy tight, but should go.

The shaded areas are SR-2 and the grey area is my Titan X pascal,
Only 2 mm between TITAN and radiator ^^

With these setup i should be fine with one D5 because of the low restricion of the Rad, or am i wrong

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I designed in CREO

You can also wait until I've printed it to make sure it all fits.

For now i Plan to fit 3 SR-2 in this case....will be realy tight, but should go.

The shaded areas are SR-2 and the grey area is my Titan X pascal,
Only 2 mm between TITAN and radiator ^^

With these setup i should be fine with one D5 because of the low restricion of the Rad, or am i wrong
How are you going to fit the HWLabs SR2 in the side panel? If you put it in the main chamber, it will interfere with the top radiator. I think you can do two SR2 and then the XT45 in the side. D5 will be fine with all that, very little restriction.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I will messure it from the CAD Drawing but at lest from his Video it should Fit Tight!

EDIT: Your Right The Rad in the Vido on the Top is Bitspower Leviathan Xtreme 360 4xG1/4" Radiator Dimension (LxWxH) : 398x120x53.6 MM
And the HW SR-2 is 398mm x 133mm x 60mm (L x W x H) so maybe it fits ulta tight or i just wont work

Attachments

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,227 Posts
I will messure it from the CAD Drawing but at lest from his Video it should Fit Tight!

EDIT: Your Right The Rad in the Vido on the Top is Bitspower Leviathan Xtreme 360 4xG1/4" Radiator Dimension (LxWxH) : 398x120x53.6 MM
And the HW SR-2 is 398mm x 133mm x 60mm (L x W x H) so maybe it fits ulta tight or i just wont work
I would stick with the GTS in that spot. Crammed in components are never appealing.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

I'm 99% sure it won't work. That rad is only 120mm wide so putting the SR2 up top is going to decrease your clearance by another 13mm. Combined with the fact that the SR2 is 60mm wide, the clearance just isn't there. I'd throw in a GTS or XT45, there's little benefit to be gained by putting a 2nd SR2 in your system especially since you already have 3x360mm rad space. Restriction is not going to be an issue at all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a short update of my Planing,
More detailed based on the Drawing from LianLi

Two things im not sure.
1 If the rads in top and bottom are in one line (Ask Lianli and waiting for response)
2 where the 85mm clearense come from theyre advertising on the website vrom botton to the GPU im messuring more?!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Very cool designs! I would assume that they are the same position on the top and bottom. 85mm does seem a little short since GGF put a 53mm rad + 25mm fan with easy clearance.

What rads did you end up going with?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 HW Labs GTX 360 TOP
2 HW Labs SR-2

For Fan im atm Noctua PPC 2000 PWM
But maybe i change my mind totaly aiming for >800RPM

most of all I am still insecure with the fans on the floor if pull or push / push the fan is jammed which in my opinion is not optimal

EDIT
Aktual Setup and Performance

2 Rads
EK XE 360 with + 7mm shroud + 3 GT 1850 @ 850rpm
Alphacool 280 Montar +20mm sroud + noctua NF-A14 @900Rpm

EK XRES 100 D5 @ MAX

i7700k @ 4,8ghz @1.212V
TITAN X Pascal @ ~2063

All in a Define S

Temps after 60+min PUBG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts