Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Random Eventer
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what Pros or Cons you've had to deal with.

For those wondering, this is a Cube form factor computer case made by Anidees.

Supports E-Atx, Atx, M-Atx, and M-Itx.

Max GPU length is 335 mm/13.1 inches.

Max CPU cooler height 168 mm/6.6 inches.

Max PSU length 230 mm/9 inches.

The case weights 19.84 lbs.

3 stage built in fan controller (off/5v/12v) and 3-pin fan hub.

The Left, Front and Right side of the computer case have 5mm think tinted tempered glass.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So I just got this case LITTERALLY LAST NIGHT! 1st: LOVE IT its beautiful sexy and that dark glass look....."shivers"

some tips for you when you get this case.

1# do not NOT use the front case hdd mount for a 3.5"hdd, the ports on the hdd will be blocked if you are using a full atx motherboard as the corner of the mobo where the the header plugs go in have less than 20mm clearance. a really bad design flaw as it says it is suppose to fit a 2.5hdd OR a 3.5hdd according to the panflet inside the case.

2# while trying to fit my 2 "3.5hdd and 2 "2.5"ssd I was trying to figure a spot where to place my second ssd that would not block any cable management holes as the instructions say too. when you open the hdd cage one of the mounting brackets has 4 holes for an ssd or a 3.5. YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO BOTH . it bends the mounting bracket a little as long as you don't over tighten it but with the hardrive in the mounting bracket and the ssd on the outside of it (IT ACTUALLY FITS with room for cables too).

3# be very careful removing the front panel. the power button leaves no room for error when pulling it off and is easily broken if pulled off slightly wrong. this is a massive design flaw because on a bunch of forums I see this posted.

4# there is 2 ways to place the fants on the front of the case. outside of the filter next to the glas(with lights looks amazing especialy halo style lights but with lower air flow as the fans are blocked by the glass and pull in by the very little vents on the sides of the glass) to me this seems poorly designed for airflow but whatever.
the other way you could place them is on the insde of the air filters which promotes WAY better airflow but if there lighted you will barely see them from the front. I plan on doing both and having 8 120mm fans on front. I know a bit overkill but I want my airflow and I bought the thermaltake riing series fans to really make it pop!!

5# the filters are ok but im not a huge fan of the magnetic strips on them to "hold" them in place. I uses some double sided tape to secure them as they move to easily.

6# power supply placemeant is not good at all. its set so the fan is LITTERALLY blocked by the back of the motherboard. so if your psu has a eco mode or a high fan mode CRANK THAT **** cause its not getting very much flow at all in its place.

7# as for airflow path have all intake on front and rear than push pull set up at the top with rads. leaves plenty of room for the rads and fans at the top. to me this gave the best results overall.

hope this helps!

·
Random Eventer
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmake317 View Post

So I just got this case LITTERALLY LAST NIGHT! 1st: LOVE IT its beautiful sexy and that dark glass look....."shivers"

some tips for you when you get this case.

1#do not NOT use the front case hdd mount for a 3.5"hdd, the ports on the hdd will be blocked if you are using a full atx motherboard as the corner of the mobo where the the header plugs go in have less than 20mm clearance. a really bad design flaw as it says it is suppose to fit a 2.5hdd OR a 3.5hdd according to the panflet inside the case.

2# while trying to fit my 2 "3.5hdd and 2 "2.5"ssd I was trying to figure a spot where to place my second ssd that would not block any cable management holes as the instructions say too. when you open the hdd cage one of the mounting brackets has 4 holes for an ssd or a 3.5. YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO BOTH . it bends the mounting bracket a little as long as you don't over tighten it but with the hardrive in the mounting bracket and the ssd on the outside of it (IT ACTUALLY FITS with room for cables too).

3# be very careful removing the front panel. the power button leaves no room for error when pulling it off and is easily broken if pulled off slightly wrong. this is a massive design flaw because on a bunch of forums I see this posted.

4# thereis 2 ways to place the fants on the front of the case. outside of the filter next to the glas(with lights looks amazing especialy halo style lights but with lower air flow as the fans are blocked by the glass and pull in by the very little vents on the sides of the glass) to me this seems poorly designed for airflow but whatever.
the other way you could place them is on theinsde of the air filters which promotes WAY better airflow but if there lighted you will barely see them from the front. I plan on doing both and having 8 120mm fans on front. I know a bit overkill but I want my airflow and I bought the thermaltake riing series fans to really make it pop!!

5# the filters are ok butim not a huge fan of the magnetic strips on them to "hold" them in place. I uses some double sided tape to secure them as they move to easily.

6# power supplyplacemeant is not good at all. its set so the fan is LITTERALLY blocked by the back of the motherboard. so if your psu has a eco mode or a high fan mode CRANK THAT **** cause its not getting very much flow at all in its place.

7# as for airflow path have all intake on front and rear than push pull set up at the top with rads. leaves plenty of room for the rads and fans at the top. tome this gave the best results overall.

hope this helps!
If you bought this from NewEgg, you bought it before I pulled the trigger
:sonic:

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are a lifesaver. I've been searching for days for a case that would fit my needs and just as I was going to settle for the thermaltake v21 I stumbled on this post. This case isn't exactly what I was looking for but I never heard of anidees and looked if they didn't have any other cube cases,

Apparently they have just the one I'm looking for. The Anidees AI7m

Heck even the atx version of the AI7 is better than anything I've come across.

Many thanks!

·
Random Eventer
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts