Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting an Aquatube, does anyone have any experience using one? I want to know if there are any downfalls to it, like if it has a hard time bleeding off air or anything.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos;12998041
I'm thinking of getting an Aquatube, does anyone have any experience using one? I want to know if there are any downfalls to it, like if it has a hard time bleeding off air or anything.
I'll know shortly. Ordering mine once my state return comes in. The problem is that there are a few that are made of aluminum (which you should stay away from). The Delrin ones and the brass/chrome and the copper versions will be okay (though the copper version is $130.)

I know that they can fog up pretty badly with real hot loops, which is why they have a flushing tube you can put in them that will flush the acrylic top.... Other than that, I'll let you know soon
smile.gif
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine;12998094
I know that they can fog up pretty badly with real hot loops, which is why they have a flushing tube you can put in them that will flush the acrylic top.... Other than that, I'll let you know soon
smile.gif
The problem with this is that that accessory, as well as the USB water level meter they have, are meant for the older Aquatubes with G3/8" threadings, whereas the newer ones have G1/4" threadings so you can actually use barbs/fittings without an adapter. So if you want to use those accessories, you need adapters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp;12998117
The problem with this is that that accessory, as well as the USB water level meter they have, are meant for the older Aquatubes with G3/8" threadings, whereas the newer ones have G1/4" threadings so you can actually use barbs/fittings without an adapter. So if you want to use those accessories, you need adapters.
Actually the old ones used G1/8, but that's not a big deal because they make G1/4 versions now.

Johnney: an Aquatube is a reservoir.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top