Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make this short:
Can this netbook be overclocked? Have any of you OCed this specific netbook? CPU is Intel Atom N450. I just need a simple netbook and I've been really looking at the 1001px. I plan on getting this along with a 2gb ram upgrade. I know some other models such as the 1015ha can be easily overclocked with setfsb. Let me know if it is possible.

Specs:
http://commercial.asus.com/product/detail/52

PS: I am a desktop user. Looking for no fancy laptop. This $250 netbook is good enough. (My gf has one) I just want to see if I can OC to give it a lil more pep.

·
Registered
290 Posts
laptops, let alone netbooks, aren't made to deal with the heat that overclocking brings into the picture. so even if you could manage to OC it with setfsb...it would set on fire...not literally but you get the picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbalt89;11966972
So it would be fast and light? But still a piece of crap? Lol.
so it would be somewhat fast(1.8-2.0ghz) and cheap.
i was just asking if anyone has done it on this netbook.
for example(not my vid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYeSnzaEjNU[/ame[/URL]]
but thanks for the help.. you guys are too pro -_-

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
What the hell are you guys talking about? Seriously, be less informed.

Anyways, yeah, you can overclock a netbook. I OC'd my EeePC 1005HA for a week from 1.66 to 2.0GHz and it was fine. Heat wasn't an issue; it didn't feel hot, although I didn't check with software. I stopped doing it after a week just because I didn't notice a difference, and it was taking more battery power. There isn't really much headroom either, since you can't change the cooling or voltages or anything. I used SetFSB and it worked well.

So yeah, it is possible, but in my opinion, it's not really worth it.

6,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan1;11970385
Asus have a piece of software called Super Hyrbrid Engine which overclocks the EEE PC's CPU automatically.
not really. it just manages and limits the cpu clocks to save on battery life. the SUPER performance mode is just the full clock specified by the cpu (in this case 1.66GHz).

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by japan1;11970385
Asus have a piece of software called Super Hyrbrid Engine which overclocks the EEE PC's CPU automatically.
Not true. It's a power-management software. It throttles back the CPU depending on which setting you use, but doesn't let it go over the CPU's rated FSB, at least not by much. If the CPU is rated for 1.66GHz, it might bring it to 1.7GHz, I don't think so but I'm not sure on this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by airplaneman
View Post

What the hell are you guys talking about? Seriously, be less informed.

Anyways, yeah, you can overclock a netbook. I OC'd my EeePC 1005HA for a week from 1.66 to 2.0GHz and it was fine. Heat wasn't an issue; it didn't feel hot, although I didn't check with software. I stopped doing it after a week just because I didn't notice a difference, and it was taking more battery power. There isn't really much headroom either, since you can't change the cooling or voltages or anything. I used SetFSB and it worked well.

So yeah, it is possible, but in my opinion, it's not really worth it.

thank you sir! that's the best answer I got from this forum.
I did not realize a lot of the guys on here can act like kids lol

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TailZ
View Post

thank you sir! that's the best answer I got from this forum.
I did not realize a lot of the guys on here can act like kids lol

Thats nothing. Xtreme Systems is a little more professional but is also not near the size.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry to resurect an old therad, but oc eeepc 1001px whit setfsb works "great" I was able to hit 2GHz stable, and the temp didnt go up very mutch. But remeber NOT to have it in your lap, its a "good" pc but the cooling system is idiotic, so if yhou are not carefull you will burn it.

My question. Where can i find the newest gpu drivers for xp?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts