Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I know one person bought it and itll get delivered friday but other than that havent heard anything about it.

Looks like a very good starter kit to me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
When the kit comes into stock I may pick it up. It appears to be a good starter kit and of course I can upgrade the loop down the road.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
It's a great kit. You're going to get within 5C of a full custom loop with a 240mm radiator.
That statement is highly incorrect, saying you'll be within 5c of a " custom " loop is impossible to judge without taking into consideration other determining aspect.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
That statement is highly incorrect, saying you'll be within 5c of a " custom " loop is impossible to judge without taking into consideration other determining aspect.
This, the custom loop could very well much have a better or worse block that will change the temperatures significantly.

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
It's a great kit. You're going to get within 5C of a full custom loop with a 240mm radiator.
This IS a "custom loop" with a 240mm radiator. Just a crappy radiator.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i wouldn't go as far to say the rad is crappy, you get ( i'd say ) more then what you pay for with this kit so there has to be an area where it slacks a little bit because of the price.

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Quote:

i wouldn't go as far to say the rad is crappy, you get ( i'd say ) more then what you pay for with this kit so there has to be an area where it slacks a little bit because of the price.
Oh without a doubt it's a deal and a half. Buying the same exact components on their own costs more. Was just pointing out that the only "bad" part of the kit is the radiator. The block is one of the best on the market and the pump is sufficient for a CPU only loop.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
hell, that pump could push a universal gpu block i'm sure but i'm not to confident in a full cover.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

hell, that pump could push a universal gpu block i'm sure but i'm not to confident in a full cover.
meh a full cover is probably less restrictive than a universal

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Does that kit beat out the Swiftech H20-220 and 320 EDGE kits? Not too many CPU only water-cooling kits. I know custom kits are much better, but buying various parts add up the cost quickly.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Does that kit beat out the Swiftech H20-220 and 320 EDGE kits? Not too many CPU only water-cooling kits. I know custom kits are much better, but buying various parts add up the cost quickly.
yes.

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
The swiftech kit has a far better radiator and pump, but slightly inferior block. It also costs 2x as much.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Ah. Seems too good to be true then for a CPU only loop. Probably just switch out for a better rad and pump then. Suggestions that could replace those two for a CPU only loop then?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts