Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 4850x2 its a beast and since i got it for 200 bucks well that just makes it all the greater value :p. Anyway it gets kinda hot underload and the Stock cooler is terrible. I thought about taking off the Shroud and fans and zip tying a good 'ole san ace 110CFM fan on it but! Its Been a while since my rig has been under water and i think its time to go back.

Well anyway i dont think there are any full coverage blocks for this guy, so i was thinking of slapping 2 separate GPU blocks i dunno if it will take any modding or not.

Has anyone else done this ? If so what route didja go? Any Suggestions ( ive got a d5 vario and a BI360 may upgrade the rad tho) So im pretty set on everything except GPU blocks

• Rep+
Reactions: GivingHope

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
r1 and r2 are the same except for the internal pin size r2 is the same pin matrix as apogee gt

r1 is the same as the original apogee

• Rep+
Reactions: Pete1burn

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet i might look @ getting 2 of those and some ram sinks ( and mebbe a new 360 dual pass rad) on Friday. time for some +reps for all of ya.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus000
View Post

XSPC have a full cover block arriving on the market in approx. 2 weeks for this card.

really
I'm so gonna wait then lol. I mean 2 MCW60 is between 60-80 bucks depending on where you buy them and a pack of ramsinks is about 10-20 bucks depending on the item. So i would be willing to shell out like 110-120 for a full cover block just cause it would be so much sexier

EDIT : Anyone have any links to pictures of the block ? Or any articles about it?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i don't turn the fan up to Max I will artifact in certain game's. i was gonna RMA it but from what i have seen is that my card just gets to hot with the standard fan profile. Full Cover block may not be necessary but! the cost of 2 blocks and ram sinks Is lets say $110 If i can get a full cover block for 120-140 Id rather have that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts