Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VisionTek XTasy RADEON 9600 256mb card was just wondering if i can flas it to a pro or xt. and if so where can I get the flash for it?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i wouldnt bother going with the 256mb card unless its a 9700 or higher...

the extra memory will not help you with fram rates.... all it will do is allow you to run in higher quality mode... but since the GPU wont be able to handle all the extra textures in the memory, your frame rates will suffer... try and get a 9800 with 128 mb of ram if you can afford it, or a nv6600gt or 6800gt

and as for flashing it to pro or xt, you might be able to do it, but if the core setup is different it may cause more problems than you want... i recomend using ATITOOL and overclocking it to as close to CT settings that you can get without crashing or artifacting

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats kewl but I already have the card just wanted to get more out of it. My old nv card had the processor melt through it

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blastoh
Thats kewl but I already have the card just wanted to get more out of it. My old nv card had the processor melt through it

Wow thats why you take baby steps

the core should be able to handle xt speeds with stock cooling, but make sure you have good case temps before pushing too hard

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist
Wow thats why you take baby steps

the core should be able to handle xt speeds with stock cooling, but make sure you have good case temps before pushing too hard

Yeah the core should have handled it but to my best guest when I tweeked the mobo i pushed the volts too high for the card. Melted the card and the extra power cable to the card. made lots of smoke too.

had to
after that

But by me best guess me Xtasy card is no different then the pro except only in the name

besides I am saving up to get a new vid card that has 640mb GDDR3 ram
check it out at http://3dlabs.com/products/product.asp?prod=293

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZNracerx1989

I have that card tooo... im doing the ATI tool and it wont stop ... damm this thing never gets any errors... i wonder when I should stop

when heat is to great for the card

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
it takes a while...but hey, just let it run as long as its going up and not down!!!

and dont worry about damging it...its fine unless there are artifacts or it overheats.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZNracerx1989

ill just turn on a little... dont want to burn the card... my stock Core is 325 and the application ran tilll its like 380 and still goes... LOL i think ill put like 340 or something just to be safe

see if you can find a temp sensor somewhere in the software

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
if it goes all the way to 380 without having problems, at least have it running at 360.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have mine at 322

stock is 200

its fine so far

1 - 16 of 16 Posts