Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
You shouldn’t need to update your bios that often anyways. Unless there’s a problem or it’s faster, or offers new features why upgrade?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,071 Posts
Yeah that's not ancient.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,071 Posts
Because I bought a 11900K, and it runs like crap with 2004 BIOS.😅
Ok so you paid top-dollar for a CPU but didn't buy a Z590 motherboard. That's interesting. :)

Just having fun, don't take me seriously.

·
PC Enthusiast
753 Posts
the latest M12A bios posted by @shamino1978 is from yesterday. :LOL:

I still don't get whether he mods these bioses himself or if the team at Asus is working on beta bioses behinds the scenes and he uploads them here. If it's the later, why does Asus not update the beta bioses on their website? (2004 is still the latest version)

·
Knowledge is Success
452 Posts

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,097 Posts
the only way to get support of rocket lake with asus z490 - is to use a beta bios dated January. Shame on asus
Perhaps you should read other's responses before posting.

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,097 Posts
the only way to get support of rocket lake with asus z490 - is to use a beta bios dated January. Shame on asus
There are recent beta. The january beta is not the "only way to get support of rocket lake"

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,097 Posts
Well that's a good point. I was not defending Asus, it is pretty freakin ridiculous, just pointing out there are later versions. Didn't realize Shamino didn't post any for A and Tuf (he did E though). I expect Shamino is doing what he can - it is probably not his call.

Better than my experience with Gigabyte BIOS updates, but I don't think there was such a giant gap in official releases with them.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Not like it is only Asus, look at MSI and Gigabyte support pages for the latest bios for z490. I have an MSI Unify z490 mb and it is the same thing. Asus has the most up to date bios support that I know of(on higher end boards).

The grass is always greener on the other side for some people ..............

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,097 Posts
Not like it is only Asus, look at MSI and Gigabyte support pages for the latest bios for z490. I have an MSI Unify z490 mb and it is the same thing. Asus has the most up to date bios support that I know of(on higher end boards).

The grass is always greener on the other side for some people ..............
Certainly the quality of the Asus beta releases has been pretty good in general (I can compare to Gigabyte z390 master, which was a pretty awful chaotic mess). The latest 2103 is the best BIOS I have run for 10th gen processor for OC stability. They really are well past time for cutrting an officially supported release though.

• Rep+
Reactions: bscool

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,071 Posts
I started out on a beta BIOS with my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING and I've had no problems with it (I used flashback before installing the CPU). Sure, it's not a Z490, but it's still an ASUS beta BIOS. The last motherboard I had is an ASUS P8P67 EVO which I bought in July 2011, and I only used the BIOS it came with for the first few days and then I put a beta BIOS on it and used that until just 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to the B550-F. I never had any problems with that beta BIOS either.

So to me, when ASUS releases a beta BIOS, it's good enough for everyone and I think they may as well just call it a finished stable release.

·
Optimal Pessimist
3,097 Posts
I started out on a beta BIOS with my ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING and I've had no problems with it (I used flashback before installing the CPU). Sure, it's not a Z490, but it's still an ASUS beta BIOS. The last motherboard I had is an ASUS P8P67 EVO which I bought in July 2011, and I only used the BIOS it came with for the first few days and then I put a beta BIOS on it and used that until just 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to the B550-F. I never had any problems with that beta BIOS either.

So to me, when ASUS releases a beta BIOS, it's good enough for everyone and I think they may as well just call it a finished stable release.
Except that recent z490 beta BIOS that with non-functional fan control. Asus promptly fixed it though. So I would say that is not always the case.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts