Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long time customer of EVGA. I am looking for a very good high performance P67/Z68 mobos. Is EVGA still a good brand for good overclock mobo?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalRise750;14179376
Not really... their alleged P67 had shoddy features and cost more than a P8Z68-V and P8P67 Pro.
but they have realy awesome mouse pads and thermal compounds and ZOMG dont forget about the EVGauge!!
eek.gif

to the OP. Not really. EVGA was late to the P67 game and dont even have a Z68 yet. So yah...they have just been sticking to cards and nothing too epic their either

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts
EVGA has dropped the ball on Sandy Bridge..

I believe they lost one of there designers, the guy responsible for the legendary X58 SR2 board... Just what I read tho...

I would stay away from any boards they release right now, see what happens when Ivy Bridge comes along..
The Asus, MSI and Giga boards are all just fine for SB...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few years ago I heard about the hybrid mixed&matched GPUS Lucid Hydra technologies. MSI even released a few boards with these impressive features. How are they doing now?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10acjed;14179448
PS: You had to figure companies like EVGA would take a hit once SLI was offered through Intel chipsets...
Why did you get your EVGA X58 SLI LE?

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zollen;14179507
Why did you get your EVGA X58 SLI LE?
I got it in a trade here. I had a P55 setup and a guy here needed $ so he was looking to swap out his system for some $...

Board has treated me fine so far, but still want to upgrade. I am not knocking EVGA, the X58 SLI FTW and Classified are great boards. And I have had great experience with them over the years .

Its just the new socket I am leery of, took too long to be released. Makes you wonder. They first said they didnt release because of the recall, then all the B3's were out for a month or so and still no evga. Now I think they have 2 P67 boards, and they are even hard to find...

Just kinda makes you wonder...

And the "mix n match hybrid" is not what the new boards are...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20090212194546_Intel_and_Nvidia_Finally_Let_SLI_Multi_GPU_Technology_Into_Latest_Intel_Mainboards.html

That is the story... Intel basically told nvidia to come aboard or be left out... But the official statement was they agreed....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts