Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he last time I played PlanetSide 2 was over a year ago and I had some questions:
- Performance was crap a year ago. Is it at least better today?
- Does this require a lot of bandwidth? For example, would 6Mbps (~ 700KBps) down and 0.5Mbps (~30KBps) up connection handle it with low-enough ping? I used to get much lag with such a connection a year ago, but now I have 60Mbps (~7.5MBps) down and 6Mbps (~700KBps) up connection and I am curious whether that would greatly improve heavy-lag moments. The lag used to be so damn bad that the screen would freeze for several seconds every 5 seconds or so. It happened when like 50 people would be located in the same exact area, fighting each other like crazy. Some say its not connection related, but CPU+GPU related. I have a decent-enough system to run the game maxed out @ 1080p, don't I?

·
Registered
744 Posts
my 7/2 network can handle it well. ping is good enough. in my rig it runs good but only 40 fps on big fight like 200 vs 200.
and no there is no hitching.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I never had any problem running the game, not once since launch. I recently played a little after over a year of absence. I have nearly 400 hours to date. No performance issues, no network issues, the game runs and plays well. You will definitely max the game out with your rig, and keep 50+ FPS during the biggest fights. It's a great looking game too.

But...

The game is dying, there's less and less people playing regardless of which server. The reason is there's no metagame, no objective, it's just a giant team deathmatch with the ability to capture and defend territory. You'll be bored to death very fast. When I was about to stop playing, I discovered ways to kill groups and groups of enemies. As in shoot an automatic grenade launcher at 20+ enemies bunched up behind a building and kill all of them. That was the only way I enjoyed that game as I felt like I can actually make a difference; it still got old in the end and I stopped playing ever since. If you want to see what I'm talking about, I got a lot of videos showcasing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts