1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just picked up this Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit for cheap
biggrin.gif

Problem is, I don't actually use MCE... I use MediaPortal. I was wondering, has anyone actually been able to remap the damned "green" MCE button to open up MediaPortal instead of media center?

Also it'd be nice to disable the power button on the remote as well...

I can't seem to find any software for it as it just uses built in Microsoft drivers (same ones as Microsoft's now discontinued MCE remote)...

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
hey bud, you can go into media portal configuration and go to the remote configuration screen and should have the mce remotes there and there should be a Hauppauge configuration and inside that configuration you can remap keys. what exactly are you trying to do with your remote as it should work out of the box with MP, i am using MP with Hppge mce remote as well and no issues.

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it works out of the box indeed with media portal.

But the bloody "green" button on the remote launches media center instead of media portal!
frown.gif

I can't use the Hauppage configuration (all greyed out) because the remote is using Microsoft MCE drivers... Will the WinTV hauppage drivers work with this remote kit?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I do believe they will bud, i dont have a wintv card but im pretty sure it will
Wintv configure
but here is a way to remap the key on your remote.
Quote:
I can't remember who it was that wanted to change their hauppage green power button to turn on (and off media portal) but i've found the command you need to edit into c:\windows\irremote.ini to run media portal in it's default (Yes the default ) install directory.

{run(C:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\MEDIAPortal.EXE)}

heres a copy of my ini file if want to see what i've changed.

lastly you have to restart the ir.exe after saving any changes to the irremote.ini file or there will be no effect.

hope this helps atleast one person, i've spent ages working this out.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompsonn;15259737
Thanks... but I don't have an irremote.ini in C:\Windows!

redface.gif
hmm, let me pick a buddy of mines brain he is a developer for MP so i will get back with you. btw, what HPPGE mce remote do you have?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
are your running vista or 7 and 32bit or 64bit, also what version of MP are you using?

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just installed new version.

Doesn't work.

Crashed during install, still continued to finish installing.

Says installed successfully, crashes opening MP or MP configuration.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
hmm, that is not good, i didn't have an issue with my install but i think im only using the 32bit version, i guess stick with 1.1.3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts