Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
If you live near a microcenter
tongue.gif

EDIT: Also, is this for gaming? are you sure it is your CPU that is bottlenecking?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey e peen, care to give me a link to a exact one?

Yes, i will be overclocking, but only a normal oc to 4.5 nothing to extreme, which reminds me to get a cooler, which cooler is a good one to?

Yes this is for gaming, i know for sure im being bottlenecked becuase my gpu is at 50% while my 2 cores are at 100% in rage. and i do not live next to a microcenter,.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
get yourself i3 dualy chip if you r a gamer... and spend more money on GPU/SSD

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
you don't need it. better invest in something else

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri;15237993
Why ?? He clearly states he wants a 2500k. Maybe the best bang for buck gaming CPU available. To OP: I have the p8p67 pro and its very solid. A hyper 212+ will get you to 4.5ghz for sure and is a super value. Silver arrow or anything from noctua if you want to spend a bit more. There's an Nh-d14 in the FS section for 65$ right now.

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkoopa95;15238013
why would i want to get a i3 dual core if i have 200 bucks to spend on a i5? -_-
Get what you want bro. You will love that I5.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwiley;15238063
Why ?? He clearly states he wants a 2500k. Maybe the best bang for buck gaming CPU available. To OP: I have the p8p67 pro and its very solid. A hyper 212+ will get you to 4.5ghz for sure and is a super value. Silver arrow or anything from noctua if you want to spend a bit more. There's an Nh-d14 in the FS section for 65$ right now.

not even close to be best b4b CPU:

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/1134237-review-i3-550-4-3ghz-vs.html

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri;15237993
It will bottleneck future cards. And unless you are getting the i3 1156 CPUs, then you can't overclock. i5 2500k is more future proof.

·
Premium Member
20,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkoopa95;15238013
why would i want to get a i3 dual core if i have 200 bucks to spend on a i5? -_-
he might be concerned about your gpu not performing. the i5 will be a waste if you don't upgrade the gpu.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSlurpee;15238112
It will bottleneck future cards. And unless you are getting the i3 1156 CPUs, then you can't overclock. i5 2500k is more future proof.
might, but it is already clocked highly enough and has turbo. And there is Ivy Bridge down the road for the same platform... and like the previous poster said his GPU is not strong enough to use all that power anyway...

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Check out the Asus Maximus IV Gene Z. Its a great board and you can get it anywhere from 160-180.

M4GZ @ Newegg

Check out the club in my sig to see why there are over 100 users on here loving it (and it is a very active club if you ever want pointers)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts