Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a major difference for me if I bought the latest version?

I play csgo. 400 dpi 2.1 sens. I do make fast movements from one target to another. I only use my wrist to move.

My right click is starting to double-click and it's been annoying me. A lot of people have been raving about the g303 sensor. Some people say it's only a minor difference to the g302 though...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrihex View Post

I play csgo. 400 dpi 2.1 sens. I do make fast movements from one target to another. I only use my wrist to move.
If it ain't broke, don't fix replace it

Unless it malfunctions on you

Or if you need RGB

Edit: Dat edit doe m8

Get another G302 if you don't make it malfunction or want RGB lighting.

G303 sensor is superior, though. Will you notice the difference? Unless you're a crazy mouse lunatic like people on here, then probably not.

Lift-off distance will be lower as well on the G303.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:

Well before you posted I edited it, didn't see your post until afterwards lol.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

This is turning into a thread of unseen edits
biggrin.gif

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:

How do I know if I am hitting the malfunction speed?
If you're not looking down at the ground or up at the sky, or stopping in the middle of a turn, it's not malfunctioning. I played at 1000 DPI @ 0.731 sens with my G100s and I had to really try to get it to malfunction.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,576 Posts
I upgraded from G302 to G303 only because I needed extra speed to prevent sensor malfunction. Otherwise it's pointless side grade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its the better sensor, to me it also feels better. So if you are a working man that got money i would say get it. If you are in school and than its not worth :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
K, I'm going to give you the best answer here so far since i doubt anyone here does any parallel lines tests.

Malfunction speed could mean a lot of things, not just the mouse going up or down. For the MLT04, it's the point where it starts having a drastic case of "negative accel" because it's not fast enough to read the surface at high speeds.

Using some low ass sensitivity like 400 and 2.1, you're hitting 4 m/s a lot especially on 180s. Probably not for CS:GO, but if you play arena shooters at that sensitivity, then definitely.

Best way to actually to know and see how and when your mouse malfunctions, is to make a lines test and see the differences in positioning in your mouse doing as best of a horizontal movement keeping the mouse straight throughout. Of course, the simple way is to try to make sense of the microe mouse tester, but that doesn't show what's actually happening on the surface of your mousepad.

That being said, the G302 has a low tracking speed, geared towards people that don't move the mouse much like moba players. If you like the shape and feel of the G302, it's a no brainer to upgrade to the G303 especially since you're playing a more precise game.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote:

Nothing, you just get a sensor with 10X the performance, 3X more dpi, 4X higher pcs and LOD calibration.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wphantom View Post

Nothing, you just get a sensor with 10X the performance, 3X more dpi, 4X higher pcs and LOD calibration.
You're forgetting it's nearly double the price (RRP, anyway). Budget is an issue for some folks and it's not always worth it when something less expensive works fine for you.

Also, define "performance" :/

·
Facepalm
8,577 Posts
A $40 mouse is not expensive.
And having a budget limit of $20 is a bit silly.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

A $40 mouse is not expensive.
And having a budget limit of $20 is a bit silly.
People do live in other countries outside of the US, you know? Countries where prices rarely ever come down that low. G303 is a good example as well as the Roccat KPM. Very hard to find a KPM for less than £40/$60 new. Even the ugly Desert and Camo ones don't come down in price here
frown.gif

Edit: Best price for a new KPM here is £50/$72. Desert and Camo models are even more expensive, £61/$88.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Naval-Storm-Optical-Gaming/dp/B00KLVN2YO

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

define "performance" :/
WAAY higher pcs, WAAY higher dpi range with smaller native steps and lod calibration.

Im sure you have seen the reviews, the g502/g303/g900 reach crazy high speeds, at high dpi, with no jitter and or accel

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
given the price difference on amazon (if you're in the us)... if you're getting another g302/3 then there's no reason to get the g302 unless you would be uncomfortable with the g303's lower lod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wphantom View Post

Nothing, you just get a sensor with 10X the performance
there's literally no metric where 3366 is 10x better than am010.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

there's literally no metric where 3366 is 10x better than am010.
Yeah its very convenient when you cut the rest of the info. "3X more dpi, 4X higher pcs and LOD calibration"

10x the performance is obviously a subjective valoration, but the other statements I made are roughly true.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I just think we should be giving OP more factual stuff as opposed to "I think X is better than Y" because it all really comes down to the individual. Not everyone can notice click delay differences. Not everyone can feel smoothing etc, etc, etc. Sure, add your own experience, whether it was positive or negative, but don't make it the star of the show. There's a big difference between an everyday casual and r0ach, himself. Then there's a bunch of folks scattered in between. Myself? I veer more towards casual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts