Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title have anyone got the Swiftech's pump model "MCP-35X"? or even tried?

On the web I could read just the review of Martin on his blog but unfortunately nothing else, neither any other guy's expereince about that pump!
frown.gif

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I'm running a pair in a loop. What do you want to know in particular? Martin's review is pretty much spot on in my experience.

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks for your lighting reply
biggrin.gif

I just wanted some more rating from your experience with them in general (flow-power/noise) and about the PWM management?

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca T View Post

Wow thanks for your lighting reply
biggrin.gif

I just wanted some more rating from your experience with them in general (flow-power/noise) and about the PWM management?
Like I wrote, it's the best single 12v pump in existence. It is silent at idle via pwm, it flows more and with the highest head pressure. It also comes with one of the best tops made, so you don't waste more money just to make it work. I would add the swiftech heatsink too btw.,

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wondering if pwm management is done by MB through software how does it work during the booting system? Does it work at 100% until the OS start?

·
Back to Building
4,863 Posts
Mine has been great, I will say though at full speed it is pretty noisy lol. Ive always just left mine full speed. Great performance and i really liked the compact form factor

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post

Mine has been great, I will say though at full speed it is pretty noisy lol. Ive always just left mine full speed. Great performance and i really liked the compact form factor
I was considering to buy the dual-Mpc-35x and do them work at low rpm for noise reason and for redundant-safety (and even ready to any kind of possible upgrade)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay View Post

I have one fully decoupled. It is actually suspended from the tubing and does not touch the case at all. Virtually silent even at full speed. I also have a PMP 400 (DDC 3.25) with an XSPC Res top that is held in place by adhesive backed velcro on a wooden block which is attached to the case. Also virtually silent.

My point is that, if you take the time to mount them properly, these pumps are very quiet. If you can't mount them and keep them from transferring sound to your case, then they can be noisy, like my EXOS 2 LX.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About managing the pwm which software do you use? can you manage the increasing percentage well?

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
If you have an Asus motherboard then Fan Xpert is pretty good for controlling the pump speeds via PWM. Most other motherboards will have similar software or, if it works with your setup, then Speedfan is highly configurable.

Fan Xpert has a few predefined profiles and a user configurable one with 3 parameters available e.g. run at lowest speed until a defined temp is reached then increase the pump speed until a further defined temp is reached which will then increase the pump speed again.

Speedfan has more configuration options but I find that Fan Xpert is sufficient for my setup.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Elf View Post

If you have an Asus motherboard then Fan Xpert is pretty good for controlling the pump speeds via PWM. Most other motherboards will have similar software or, if it works with your setup, then Speedfan is highly configurable.
Fan Xpert has a few predefined profiles and a user configurable one with 3 parameters available e.g. run at lowest speed until a defined temp is reached then increase the pump speed until a further defined temp is reached which will then increase the pump speed again.
Speedfan has more configuration options but I find that Fan Xpert is sufficient for my setup.
I have a Gigabyte, is "Fan Xpert" just for Asus?

If I set pump throgh software then Until the starting of Win does pump run at 100%?

·
Case ***der
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca T View Post

I have a Gigabyte, is "Fan Xpert" just for Asus?
If I set pump throgh software then Until the starting of Win does pump run at 100%?
You can use Speedfan to control the pumps. And yes the pumps will run @ 100% otherwise, as long as it is set so in the bios.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts