Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have read the bad news about the BD CPU.So what that said I still want to stay with AMD.For the new bulid I have bought everything already.

NH-D14 Cooler
990FXA-UD7 MB
800D Case
Gskill Sniper DC Kit 1600 8Gigs 4 ea.

What I need to know is which of the AMD cpu's is the best OC'ER and best for gamming.

I also have 2 XFX 6950's that I am going to crossfire.

All input welcome.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Stick with your current CPU and wait for BD's next stepping or wait for Piledriver.

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
I hate to tell you to wait again, but if my mind was made up to stay amd, I'd have to wait as well. I feel for you.

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So just put another 1090T in there?I would think with that MB that I might be able to get a better OC then what I have now?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The UD7 tends to have vdrop issues with Thuban CPUs.
If you actually have to buy a CPU, might be worth it to press your luck with the FX 6100 and unlock the last module.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by langer1972
View Post

Ok I have read the bad news about the BD CPU.So what that said I still want to stay with AMD.For the new bulid I have bought everything already.

NH-D14 Cooler
990FXA-UD7 MB
800D Case
Gskill Sniper DC Kit 1600 8Gigs 4 ea.

What I need to know is which of the AMD cpu's is the best OC'ER and best for gamming.

I also have 2 XFX 6950's that I am going to crossfire.

All input welcome.

Abandon AMD and sell your 990FX. AMD do not deserve your loyalty after releasing this stinker. And you should not have to suffer under mediocre performance. Then grab a 2500k and a decent z68 mb, something like the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen3 that can handle your 6950's in CF.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armand Hammer
View Post

Abandon AMD and sell your 990FX. AMD do not deserve your loyalty after releasing this stinker. And you should not have to suffer under mediocre performance. Then grab a 2500k and a decent z68 mb, something like the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen3 that can handle your 6950's in CF.

Exactly this.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Im lucky enough to still be within the 30day return period on my motherboard. Seriously thinking about switching, dont need the extra power yet, im not in sli, but why not since the only expense will be the 2500k. Only thing I need to sell is my cpu which I had since march of this year.

If you have to stick with AMD the 1090/1100T are your best bets, which you already have. And looks like you have it OCed nicely too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts