Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with my Asus N6800 Geforce 512mb agp video card.When i tried to install the 83.40 or any other version except for original that i got on cd i keep getting stripes of colors thats all i can see and after that my monitor shut's off.I was wondering if anyone can help me out thanx in advance.

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BiH_420

Im having a problem with my Asus N6800 Geforce 512mb agp video card.When i tried to install the 83.40 or any other version except for original that i got on cd i keep getting stripes of colors thats all i can see and after that my monitor shut's off.I was wondering if anyone can help me out thanx in advance.

Are there any artifacts or odd colours that come up during playing a game or while your on the desktop?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Are you using any unlocked pipes or pixel shaders? I have the same brand card as you and I can unlock 16 pipes.. but sometimes that gives artifacts so I changed it to 12. Try running the card at 100% stock and then install the drivers.

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
If it is a driver related problem then you may need to uninstall the current drivers you have and use PROGRAM CALLED ''Driver cleaner'' to get rid of all the old incompatible driver files..After you have used driver cleaner to clean the nvidia driver files which has to be done in safe mode i might add then you may re-install the latest drivers from nvdia and they may now work properly. I belive your problem is that ol previous drivers have incompatibility problems with your new ones. Driver cleaner can be found here : http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

Are there any artifacts or odd colours that come up during playing a game or while your on the desktop?

Thanx for the reply.They come up as soon as i restart the pc and i reboot to desktop.I tried driver cleaner and it didn't work..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

Are you using any unlocked pipes or pixel shaders? I have the same brand card as you and I can unlock 16 pipes.. but sometimes that gives artifacts so I changed it to 12. Try running the card at 100% stock and then install the drivers.

Thanx for the reply.Everything is stock i didn't change anything.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
I had the same problem with my card and this is what I did: when I booted into Windows, I hit ctrl+alt+del. It said something about having drivers that didn't work. This allowed me to at least see my desktop and everything. Then I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the latest official drivers and rebooted. Everything works great now. Dunno if it'll work for you, but it worked for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Acoma you are the man that worked perfect.I installed those and it's running great.Thank's man and thank's to everyone else for help i appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.