Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm in game, CS:S for example, and in vent at the same time, my game goes through vent clear as if the others are playing it themselves. Updated to the newest drivers. Anyone else heard of this happening?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I'm not sure I follow...

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, like, if I'm in game, and I push-to-talk in vent, they can hear my games perfectly. almost like I'm playing them into vent, but I don't have it set up that way at all. I dont have speakers, so they shouldn't hear anything but me. Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker

Ok, like, if I'm in game, and I push-to-talk in vent, they can hear my games perfectly. almost like I'm playing them into vent, but I don't have it set up that way at all. I dont have speakers, so they shouldn't hear anything but me. Know what I mean?

Oh I see. What you probably set your record on is 'What You Hear'. I should be Microphone instead.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shajbot

Oh I see. What you probably set your record on is 'What You Hear'. I should be Microphone instead.

nope, lasher and i already discussed that. thats not it

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Could the sensitivity be set all the way up on the mic, so it picks up on everything?

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker
nope, lasher and i already discussed that. thats not it

Maybe Vent use different Record control, check Config see if you find anything. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Maybe Vent use different Record control, check Config see if you find anything. Good luck!

I've checked EVERYTHING.

Does this look like something a bad card would do?

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

http://www.ventrilo.com/faq.php#sound7

Read the one about Half life based game (Source).
Unfortunatly, it's not just source games doing it. It's everything that I hear going through my speakers. They don't really appreciate it since my brand of music is a bit more.......eclectic than others, lol.

This sucks. The card is freakin' sweet in every other way. Sound is so clear I can't believe it. I've already uninstalled and re-installed the drivers too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts