Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's physically difuct spent 4 hours in 2 days all I did was break a bracket on my pci slot is there a trick, tool or bracket I need a watched some you tube videos and saw a lot of mounting brackets on the 2080.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,146 Posts
uh

no

there's no bracket, lol. dunno how we're supposed to help with the mountain of information you gave us. maybe at least tell us why you're having trouble or just watch a different video? :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is nothing is lining up everytime I set it in the motherboard even loosely in the sockets it's always a couple inches away from the mounting bracket. No matter what I do it never lines up with my mounting bracket. I try to force it ends up falling over. Or I drop a scew on the ground trying to force it into place. I dropped all my pci mounting screws except rvt 2 on my be silent case never got close. Did same thing with my old case 2 weeks dropped 8 screws on the ground never got close

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got my power on switched ram sockets. Somehow my GPU came completely out of socket back to fighting with that again

·
Overclocker
11,344 Posts
Deciphering failed.

If you have 5 cm space between GPU and case when you plug the GPU into mobo then you mounted your mobo in a wrong position. That's all I can think of from the above cryptic text.
On some cases there can indeed be a bad spacing but it's under 1 cm and you can bend some of that in the case rear panel. Mine had that after I straightened the case while working on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts