Overclock.net banner

having issues please help

792 Views 33 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Greenback
I don have alot of time to post but this is my only chance at post it tonight.

Getting into the niddy griddy here I just purchased a new rig. It consists of the parts as follows.

P8P67 Deluxe

Intel core i7 2600k at right now 3.40 GHZ

G.Skill 8gb ripjaw x ddr3

one gtx 560 superclocked (came sced atlready)

Ralink RT61 Turbo network card

Coolermaster silent pro 1000w gold PSU

Collermaster HAF X Blue edition that does include all fans even the optional top 200mm fan.

With this here is my problems. Currently I have windos 7 x64 bit and its WORKING. What the issue is, is that my network card WILL NOT stay connected to the WRT54G router we have. This card was in my olders system and it worked fine. Also, I cant download anything as it just times out as well as looking at internet stuff. Also my ping will shoot up to over 22k in Ventrilo so I cant even use that to talk to my friends.

My only other issue is that I am getting HIGH TEMP cpu problems upon bootup. I press F1 and it starts windows 7 x64 bit normally. When i get into windows I check the following programs one at a time to see. Note that TUBO BOOST and TPU on my mobo are ON but nothing changing on my cpu, it isnt getting any boost at all and is right now stuck at the stock speed of 3.40 GHZ.

In the Bios it shows my system at 80C OR HIGHER however, in windows on THREE different programs it shows my system at

27C-38C, this is not under load settings as I cant put anything on my computer yet until the network thing gets fixed.

I hve the updated bios on the MOBO, my wife's computer is running fine on the internet that we have so it appears to be my new compy. It is really idaaspointing that its going to crap because I spent over 1.3k on this system and I cant even brows the net at a decent speed. I also have the correct drivers for my NIC card so I realyl dont know what could be happening with my system. Other then that, my rig is working perfectly.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
First and foremost forget what temps the bios is reading because the cpu is not idling in the bios.

Secondly I use realtemp, you could try coretemp aswell, they should give you the best indication of what the temps really are.

A small uncooked grain of rice is the best method of applying TIM, that and pressure of the heatsink should do the trick. Still not sure what cooler you are using?

Regarding the network card
whats wrong with the onboard? IIRC the Deluxe has 2 LAN ports.

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
you really need to forget what the bios temp is reading. Could you please update your system spec so that I don't have to keep going back and forth to see what your running.

DONT rma the cpu just yet, im confident that both the cpu and mobo are fine but need a little more info like what bios are you running?

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
Please don't triple post, just click on the edit button if your the last poster.

Anyways 33-37c with stock cooler is actually pretty damn good, I would say there is nothing wrong with your CPU. You MUST remember that bios temps are not very accurate and can change between BIOS updates, I have found 1704 to be close to what windows is reading. At the moment Im idling at 33/36 in windows and in the bios it is around 37/39c which is not far off considering that the CPU is not actually idling in the BIOS.

Your chip is fine, I would invest in a aftermarket cooler for that baby and start overclocking it. The Coolermaster 212+ is a very good budget cooler that can easyliy get you to around 4.5ghz depending on your abmient temps.

Here are some good guides that should help you out:

P67 Sandy Bridge Overclocking Guide For Beginners

The ULTIMATE Sandy Bridge OC Guide

Good luck and hope that helps
thumb.gif

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunagoblin
View Post

If you are getting good temp in windows, why do you care so much in BIOS CPU temp???
You do not do anything in BIOS other than changing settings.
Could be faulty sensor. Idle temp in windows looks good if its under 40c like you stated.
What's the max temp do you have under stress?
Like prime95, IBT, LinX test max temp. If it idles under 40c in windows with stock HS, it won't give you ridiculously high max temp especially with stock clock.

I've said it countless times but I think he choose's to ignore it.

· Premium Member
10,882 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.