Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all purchased one of the Acer 27" B273HU Monitors,im running a 9800gx2 in SLI with the latest drivers,only use Sli when gaming,so anyways video playback and game playback i seem to keep getting image tearing running through game cut scenes and movie playback.
When i tried the same movies/game on my laptop...they worked fine with no image tearing running through the games or movies...any idea what it could possibly be? Vsync issue/Monitor/graphics card/latest nvidia drivers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,cheers

·
Nobody
6,465 Posts
I would try to enable Vsync, should fix it. You can cross your monitor off the list, not the culprit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
I would try to enable Vsync, should fix it. You can cross your monitor off the list, not the culprit.
iv enabled it through the nvidia control panel...with no such luck....is there any other vsync settings i dont know of perhaps

·
Nobody
6,465 Posts
It does it no matter what with driver level Vsync enabled.

Tried the latest drivers?

In games you may need to enable Vsync through them but for movies and what not you should be fine.

I would lean towards drivers honestly as a good possibility.

So your running Quad SLI right? You may for movies at least try disabling SLI and see if that helps. It may be microstutter causing it. NVM, I read but didn't comprehend lol.

Try rolling back to some 18*.** drivers?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
It does it no matter what with driver level Vsync enabled.

Tried the latest drivers?

In games you may need to enable Vsync through them but for movies and what not you should be fine.

I would lean towards drivers honestly as a good possibility.

So your running Quad SLI right? You may for movies at least try disabling SLI and see if that helps. It may be microstutter causing it. NVM, I read but didn't comprehend lol.

Try rolling back to some 18*.** drivers?
lol all good mate... where can i download older drivers to be so sure that is the issue,and yes i am running quad SLI only during gaming,so most the time it is actually disabled...

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
i think he is having a quad sli microstutter issue. like many of the quad sli gtx295 people have.

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fadz View Post
lol all good mate... where can i download older drivers to be so sure that is the issue,and yes i am running quad SLI only during gaming,so most the time it is actually disabled...
you can get old drivers from the nvidia website. this link has the archive drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith View Post
i think he is having a quad sli microstutter issue. like many of the quad sli gtx295 people have.
i could be having this issue,although im running quad 9800gx2 not the newest of cards.
Like ive said in previous posts SLI is only enabled through the nvidia control panel...when gaming...which isn't all so often,so could that still be the issue?
if so what is the best way to fix the microstutter issue,cheers mate.

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
i really dont think that there is a fix for it =:):.
i didnt think that it would affect movies but i have read about masive problems with video playback and nvidia cards. i dont have an issue with my cards but i never watched an hd movie on my pc. i will need to get a blu ray player to see how it works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith
View Post

i really dont think that there is a fix for it =:):.
i didnt think that it would affect movies but i have read about masive problems with video playback and nvidia cards. i dont have an issue with my cards but i never watched an hd movie on my pc. i will need to get a blu ray player to see how it works.

no fix for it? lol....
it affects most my dvd ripped movies,although when i play the same movie on my laptop (HP DV7 Series),it runs fine without the MS issue,so changing back to a certain driver wont make a difference

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fadz
View Post

no fix for it? lol....
it affects most my dvd ripped movies,although when i play the same movie on my laptop (HP DV7 Series),it runs fine without the MS issue,so changing back to a certain driver wont make a difference

i dont think that changing the driver will help. you could try a single gpu solution. like a gtx 275 or 285. remember that even when you have sli disable those gx2 cards are pretty much running in sli mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by manolith
View Post

i dont think that changing the driver will help. you could try a single gpu solution. like a gtx 275 or 285. remember that even when you have sli disable those gx2 cards are pretty much running in sli mode.

so disconnecting the connectors that connect from one card to the other isnt of any effect either i take it....ah well,guess i got to live with this issue!

Its a shame,because im running one card on water and the other just stock,if both were running stock i could ofcourse just sell them and get cards without such issues,but then id have to reorganise the water cooled system again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts