Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal,
Are all memery manufactor full of :turd: ?? I buy Geil Pc500 THEY SAY it should be able to run at 250FSB RRRR not in my machine,230 at BEST. I deceide to upgrade to 2gs because i can,G.skill clames that PC3200 ZX should run timming @ 2.3.2.5 RRRR not in my machine it won't ever post.You all might be saying that I an the common factor in all of this and i'm the messed-UP ,OK maybe so but what am i doing wrong??
My first build was P4 2.4HT,VS ram,WD hhd,NVfx5700,cheep box and PS. never had a problem from it,it hit 2.7ish all stock I upgreaded to the present comp because it wouldnt hit 3.0 even after i installed Geil. I buy better stuff and you know,its a snowball of hairy moth balls and keeps getting bigger and smeller and deeper into my pocket hehehehe. its kind of funny put stiiiiill we-we's me off .Spell check is out to lunch on this one so please put that aside. All this computer stuff keeps me in the bathroom.

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
Well the G-Skill stuff is probably because your running at a high FSB that you need to loosen your timings. The Geil stuff is probably becasue your timings were too tight, and you couldnt run at a high fsb.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
to run higher FSB speed you tipically have to loosin ram timings... thos timings the give are at the stock speed... not OCed,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts