Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed two WD 80 SATA drives in Raid 0. I used my motherboards 'Promise FastTrack 378' controller.

Now my problem. I want to also use another hdd connected my SATA connectors on the mobo. The hard drive appears in my BIOS, but not in windows, or in my raid array utility.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
is it powered on, and could possibly be that you might have to create a partition on it first, then windows will see it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 200gig has information on it already, so i really dont want to be messing with partitions and such.

P.S. Nice car, i had a 76 2 door nova, a little while back that was pretty potent.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Well then i am not really sure, never really messed with RAID or anything.

Thanks, mine isn't that great, but it works, and gets me places. Needs alot fo work though. Looks good from afar, but not really up close.

·
Packet Pusher
2,317 Posts
Make sure in your RAID setup the port the 200GB is on is NOT set for RAID. Only the 80's need to be setup for that. I have 2 80's in RAID 0 with an additional 320GB Seagate. Only the ports the 80GB drives are in need to be configured for RAID.

EDIT: You have almost the same setup I have. You should be able to hit around 3.6-3.8 with that CPU. As long as your RAM is good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My RAM is holding me back. It is the best stuff in the world, and i dont care to upgrade it unless i am going for the whole system.

Also did you use the onboard RAID controller ?

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
You set up the RAID before installing Windows right? And installed the RAID drivers properly?
EDIT: While you're at it, why not switch the RAID over to the ICH5R controller? The OnChip controller generally has more bandwidth than the OnBoard controller.

·
Packet Pusher
2,317 Posts
I am not sure of the specifics of the onboard contoller on the P4P800 series. My RAID setup is in my Opteron rig which is DFI. But the setup options are similar. In the BIOS I had to set the ports for RAID, then in the RAID setup utility (after the BIOS, before windows load) I setup the RAID array. Just make sure whatever SATA port the 200 is on is not set for RAID. Also, if it is setup OK there, boot into windows. Right click My Computer then hit Manage. Go to Disk Management. See if the drive shows up there. If it does, it may just need it's drive letter changed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO it isnt showing up in my Disk Management.

I think i am going to try and reinstalling windows and reconfiguring the RAID setup.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcjr54
NO it isnt showing up in my Disk Management.

I think i am going to try and reinstalling windows and reconfiguring the RAID setup.

Thanks guys.
I had to do that, it worked tho

goodluck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts