Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Having a tough time with this. :/

CPU at stock. (3.2Ghz)

1. Why does it downclock when not at load?
Where can i monitor/control this behavior?

2. Core Temp 0.99.8 is not giving me any readings.
Why is that?

3. HWMonitor and Speed Fan 4.42 are giving me three diff. temps from
sensors, where are these located?

4. I NEED to know my CPUs temp and its
reading as 0 in Core Temp and Speed Fan and HWMonitor.

5. How do I control fan speeds through SpeedFan?

6. Is there any other software for control over fans?

HWMonitor:

picture.php?albumid=3705&pictureid=21343


CPU-Z:

picture.php?albumid=3705&pictureid=21342


CoreTemp:

picture.php?albumid=3705&pictureid=21341


Speedfan:

picture.php?albumid=3705&pictureid=21344
 

·
VROOM VROOM
Joined
·
6,055 Posts
it downclocks because of cool n quiet, can be disabled in the bios.

do you have acc enabled in your bios, that will shut off temp monitoring, the temps you are seeing in speed fan are things such as motherboard temp, and chipset temps, the 80c temp is to be disregarded because it doesn't change so it is a misreading of somesort, or just not a temp probe.

your best bet for controlling fans is a fan controller.
normally motherboard controls are really iffy. my board can control three fans. two normal fans and the CPU fan, but all other headers are full on all the time.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9370/bus-201/Lamptron_20W_-_4_Channel_Aluminum_Rheobus_w_Blue_Backlit_LED_-_Black_FC-4.html?tl=g47c17s239
this is a good controller for the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by thrasherht
View Post

it downclocks because of cool n quiet, can be disabled in the bios.

do you have acc enabled in your bios, that will shut off temp monitoring, the temps you are seeing in speed fan are things such as motherboard temp, and chipset temps, the 80c temp is to be disregarded because it doesn't change so it is a misreading of somesort, or just not a temp probe.

your best bet for controlling fans is a fan controller.
normally motherboard controls are really iffy. my board can control three fans. two normal fans and the CPU fan, but all other headers are full on all the time.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/93...?tl=g47c17s239
this is a good controller for the money.

Thanks, will look into it, how can I monitor CPU temp though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
Your core tempature's are disabled becasue you have ACC (Advanced Core Calibration) enabled in the BIOS


And the core tempature are unreliable and it's advisable to read the main CPU Tempature off the socket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
i think i had to disable core unlocker or something like that to get my core temps to show up. just disable cool and quiet, ce1, core unlocker (i have an asus board). but as others have said, you should go with cpu temp, not core temps for a 1055t. and in windows change your power setting in the control panel to high performance.

this is what i did when i first oc, but after a while the fans were so loud that i had to change it all back lol. gotta get a fan controller before i can oc any further.

*edit*
your cpu temp should be Temp1 in speedfan and i think it should be TMPIN0 in hwmonitor. only way to be sure is to monitor it when you run prime95, linx, etc... and see which temps go up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Atomfix
View Post

Your core tempature's are disabled becasue you have ACC (Advanced Core Calibration) enabled in the BIOS


And the core tempature are unreliable and it's advisable to read the main CPU Tempature off the socket

How would I go about doing this? I will be getting a controller soon, how can I set the probe up on the socket?

Also, what is the best torture test that I can run so my CPU fan cranks up to its highest.

I started Prime95 small FFTs right before this post, and its running at 4500RPM so far, steadily rising, but I want to see if it will really go up to 6000RPM, max ive seen so far i 5000RPM...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,044 Posts
Also, some boards will downclock if the mosfets get too hot as I have experienced. Adding some airflow resolved this for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by kdo99
View Post

i think i had to disable core unlocker or something like that to get my core temps to show up. just disable cool and quiet, ce1, core unlocker (i have an asus board). but as others have said, you should go with cpu temp, not core temps for a 1055t. and in windows change your power setting in the control panel to high performance.

this is what i did when i first oc, but after a while the fans were so loud that i had to change it all back lol. gotta get a fan controller before i can oc any further.

*edit*
your cpu temp should be Temp1 in speedfan and i think it should be TMPIN0 in hwmonitor. only way to be sure is to monitor it when you run prime95, linx, etc... and see which temps go up.

Its Temp2 in Speedfan, and TMPIN1 in HWMonitor for me, based on prime95
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,004 Posts
1) Screw TMPIN2. Mine's at 128ºC ALWAYS.

2) Speed lowers because of AMD Cool'n'Quiet. Disable it if you hate it. I do because it sucks for rush CPU-Z validations to have 1.2GHz instead of 4.6GHz due to this crap downclocking my system.

3) According to my HWMonitor, TMPIN0 should be your processor and TMPIN1 your board.

Hope that's been helpful
wink.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot;12057933
1) Screw TMPIN2. Mine's at 128ºC ALWAYS.

2) Speed lowers because of AMD Cool'n'Quiet. Disable it if you hate it. I do because it sucks for rush CPU-Z validations to have 1.2GHz instead of 4.6GHz due to this crap downclocking my system.

3) According to my HWMonitor, TMPIN0 should be your processor and TMPIN1 your board.

Hope that's been helpful
wink.gif
1. Thanks. Thats a load off. It is 100% constant, which smelled bad to me
smile.gif

2. I'm goin through BIOS atm, writing loooads of stuff down to research. Will have tons of questions in the next few days.
3. Thanks
wink.gif
Pretty helpfull, now I know my CPU temp.

...the only question I still have is how do you control CPU fan speed without a controller?! Its on a 3 pin!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top