4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardware:
i7 7700k
Gigabyte HD3P Z170
kingston 16 GB ddr4
600w PSU
Gigabyte GTX 1070

Regular overclocking methods are unavailable to me on this BIOS for unknown reasons. I cannot change frequencies or voltages, on the CPU or the RAM. The only way i can OC is by using a one click overclock solution that gigabyte developed. What do i need to do to enable full overclock support?

·
B10S TInk3r
469 Posts
Have you tried clear CMOS, then reboot and load optimized defaults, save and reboot again to BIOS to see if you have options you're looking for?

I checked your BIOS, and see all the usual options. If the above does not help, please post some images of what you're seeing in the BIOS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Resetting the CMOS through the BIOS and then restarting didn't work.

Here's an album of what i see in the bios.https://imgur.com/a/mCrGkZE

Most of the options regarding CPU or memory frequency are simply unavalaible, i can highlight them, but clicking on them, pressing enter, or tryint to adjust with +,- or arrow keys do nothing.
The only things i can change are such as Voltage Optimization. I have also contacted Gigabyte on the issue but their support is utterly abismal, I got a seemingly automated text translated to english using some online translator service stating that they can't help without any further way of replying.

·
B10S TInk3r
469 Posts
Thanks for the images. Almost or all of those settings that are not grey are changeable.
I think, either issue may be you have set "CPU Upgrade" to a choice. Don't set that, or set back to auto/None.
Or could be a keyboard issue, try another keyboard or try your keyboard on another USB Slot. If PS/2 keyboard try USB one. I think above is the problem though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no None option and auto still disables them, i even tried restarting my pc after setting it to auto, to no avail
There is also no possibility of a KB failiure because other options wouldnt work either then

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have you tried highlight the CPU clock ratio and just key in say 44, then hit enter? It should then reflect the change, same with memory.

·
B10S TInk3r
469 Posts
I didn't mean KB failure, I only meant incompatibility at some level, and because some KB buttons work doesn't mean all will if there is some slight incompatibility.
An be sure to try other USB Slots, top two would be best for keyboard. If using PS/2 KB with PS/2 to USB adapter try without the adapter in the top USB slots.
And be sure you have legacy USB enabled in the BIOS. Please also start by loading optimized defaults if you have not already.

I have Z170N-Gaming 5, which I think has very similar or same BIOS style and layout, I will set it up and see what I can tell.
I don't have a K CPU though, so I may not be able to see what's going on since I can't change much, but maybe I can figure out why things seem locked for you.

Another thing to try is one BIOS back, in case there is some issue with that BIOS.
What BIOS are you using anyway? You're CPU is not supported properly until at least BIOS F20.
If it's not the latest, please update to the latest BIOS which is F22g, especially since you are having problems. Update within BIOS using Qflash
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-HD3P-rev-10#support-dl-bios

* Edit - I checked the board I mentioned above, same BIOS style and layout. Pressing + or - keys on num pad, with numlock on should move values up/down (if numlock off trying this only moves cursor up/down to another setting)
Enter on some settings brings up selection menus, others it does not only +/- or direct key in values.
CPU clock ratio and Sys memory multi is +/- or directly enter valid value by number keys (This only works with num lock enabled/ON)
Set that "CPU Upgrade" to auto, and save and reboot back to BIOS. Then try to adjust settings again

Also, CMOS is not reset through BIOS. You either have to remove power from the wall, and then remove the CMOS battery for 1+ minute
Or short with jumper or screwdriver the clear CMOS Pins for 1+ minute, all power/battery can be in for this method, but best to just remove power and battery and then short the pins since you are having issues.
Once done with that, load optimized defaults again (F7) and then save and reboot back to the BIOS to make changes. Do not select "CPU Upgrade" anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well all is solved now. Previously i was trying to use the regular +- buttons, not the numpad ones, because my kb is TKL. As a last ditch effort i tried using my old full size KB and it finally worked, no other way to adjust these values than to use the numpad +-, not the brightest idea imo, but at least it works now

·
B10S TInk3r
469 Posts
Cool you were able to get it working now! :D
I suspected maybe some keyboard related issue. luckily you have a KB that worked with the BIOS before resorting to RMA or getting another board :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts