Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Interesting.

The Evolv ATX front I/O spoils it to me, maybe they could have left it open like the mini.

I know it is a sample but I hope they get to match the plastic of the mini.

Wonder what the pricing on the ATX version will be like.

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Another amazing case, without the option for a solid side panel.

When will manufacturers start giving us the option for clear or solid side panels? Not everyone likes clear side panels, yet manufacturers keep shoving them down our throats.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
I dig the mini! I hope it's not too large lol. I've been wanting to go mini itx for quite a while but just can't seem to find my case yet..

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

When will manufacturers start giving us the option for clear or solid side panels? Not everyone likes clear side panels, yet manufacturers keep shoving them down our throats.
Was starting to think I was the only one. xD

I build computers for their utility, components are selected on that and compatibility then on price and then on looks, in that exact order. Slapping an esthetically mismatching set of components inside of a nice gorgeous case with a nice solid side window is an easy way to build a nice looking computer without any painting or any of that stuff.

Anyway, love the new grey on the original and hate the front IO on the ATX version. I think front IO's are ugly as sin and they should be hidden on cases that focus on aesthetics above practicality. Now the little flap lessens both. mITX cases get shafted with cheap materials like always, because only poor people buy small PC's because it only fits one GPU and if they had more money they would buy more. It's not like I would like to put a tiny matte black aluminum EVOLV next to my tv for a quite media/emulator PC...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddworld Abe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Was starting to think I was the only one. xD

I build computers for their utility, components are selected on that and compatibility then on price and then on looks, in that exact order. Slapping an esthetically mismatching set of components inside of a nice gorgeous case with a nice solid side window is an easy way to build a nice looking computer without any painting or any of that stuff.
Don't see what the problem is (pun intended) why don't you go with a silent case like the new fractal design r5 and be happy with your ugly hardware hidden behind a steel door.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post

I am not thrilled they went with steal/plastic as the aluminum is a very nice touch on the Evolv MATX.
Yeah, full aluminium ITX version would have been a day one instant buy for me. Kinda sad that they went with a plastic/steel chassis for it. I understand that they did it to cut costs to bring the EVOLV line to the open market, but I wish they could make more of a premium version of it :(. I love how they implemented that caselabs-esque "drop-in" radiator/fan panel though.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Incredible, I was just about to order the pro or luxe again tonight(first one was damaged and rmad) but I will be waiting on the evolv atx. Question though, is that a mid tower or a full sized tower or something in between like the enthoo pro?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Here are some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

Yeah, full aluminium ITX version would have been a day one instant buy for me. Kinda sad that they went with a plastic/steel chassis for it. I understand that they did it to cut costs to bring the EVOLV line to the open market, but I wish they could make more of a premium version of it
frown.gif
. I love how they implemented that caselabs-esque "drop-in" radiator/fan panel though.
Ya when I saw the thread title I was so excited till I watched the video, the mITX version got shafted so much, plastic and steel? , ugly side window compared the ATX version , inner layout is perfect and exactly what I've been waiting for in a mITX case but I'm pretty sure that's a no buy for me with the cheap materials, the plastic just kills it for me so disappointed.

ATX EVOLV on the other hand is perfect, looks way better then the mATX thanks to its perfectly designed case window and I for one like the front I/O panel. Will be hard to decide if I want to replace my RV05 with this, wish Phanteks just made the mITX case the exact same was they made the ATX version id of paid the premium no problem!

·
Registered
561 Posts
They look amazing. I think its clear that Phantek has the best mainstream cases available at the moment. I dont know why you wouldn't buy a case from them atm unless you want a cube case or something niche like CL.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hmmm, was about to get the NZXT S340 but I think I'll wait and see how this ATX version is. Unless they won't come out for a while.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Darn the ITX version is downgraded
frown.gif

Guess I'll wait for some more info and see if it's still decent

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.