Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I only tried it once and IDR if I had nvidia drivers installed, or had just uninstalled them, but did not have AMD drivers installed. I hooked it up by its DVI-D output, saw the boot screen and maybe the win7 logo, maybe not. Then blank screen. The whole time the fan immediately just started going up and up to max or I shut it off 1st.

Assuming the fans working right and the temp is reading right, does this mean the main chip is cooking itself? I've taken it apart and took out a heavy layer of dust on the main VRMs, but everything on the PCB looks fine.

What normal fails like this ? (real soon I'll try it again, after I check some parts with a DMM)

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Does it give you a temp read out in your bios?

I'm guessing since cleaning it out you've since tried to boot up your computer if so did you get past the boot screen or did you get a black screen again?

If you get a black screen it may be worth either booting into safe mode and see if you can get the drives installed, or using the on board graphics and install the correct drivers, at least if you can get booted in you can see your temps and you may be able to get control over fan speeds with software.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts