Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The AMD cards tend to be better for multi-screen setups while Nvidia seems to handle 3D much better. Now on games that are optimized for AMD, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, they do pretty well especially the 7970 because of the VRAM. But Nvidia has been doing 3D longer and has a better rate of success compared to AMD.

• Rep+
Reactions: liljoey112

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSocialHermit View Post

The AMD cards tend to be better for multi-screen setups while Nvidia seems to handle 3D much better. Now on games that are optimized for AMD, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, they do pretty well especially the 7970 because of the VRAM. But Nvidia has been doing 3D longer and has a better rate of success compared to AMD.
will the gtx 670/680 2gb vram cause a promblem?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljoey112 View Post

will the gtx 670/680 2gb vram cause a promblem?
Possibly at higher resolutions but they are optimized for 3D so if the game isn't too demanding you shouldn't have too much trouble. I'm always a fan of overkill just to make sure there is no issue so I would go with SLI cards or as high VRAM I can get. But you shouldn't have an issue with the 680 2GB at 1920x1080 on medium-high settings for most games. Check the benchmarks for those cards in how they handle 3D if you need 45+ fps at 1080p just to be safe before buying though.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
AMD cards can use HD3D or TriDef. They are definitely not as good as Nvidia's 3d Vision. Not even close. If you pair a 670/680 with a 3d Vision 2 monitor you will have the best results. 3d Vision 2 monitors are definitely the best I have seen with the sharpest & brightest 3d picture with minimal to no crosstalk.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljoey112 View Post

I am sorry because this is an AMD thread but i dont want to make too many on this subject should i get a 4gb GTX 670 or a 2gb Gtx 680
For 3d stick with the 2GB cards.

I enjoyed Nvidia 3d vision for a while. They seem to have less compatibility issues than Tri-def from what I've been told and also have a pretty active community for 3d vision fixes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.