Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'v got a new machine (like a week ago ),
specs: e8400, gigabyte ga-ep43-ds3l, psu corsair 550w, 22 samsung screen + 19 samsung screen.
the card is by club3d.
I'm running vista ultimate 64-bit, and i got the last ati driver [8.10].

now the driver randomly crashes, example, I play far cry 2 (everything on high, no AA etc), sometimes it just randomly crashes to desktop and a msg pops up from systray, and says: "Display driver atimkg stopped responding and has recovered successfully." sometimes it also changes the res to like 1280x1024.

Now, on cod4 its just fine, but its not only far cry2 (i dont have any other games to test), but I also use 3d softwares (3dx max, cinema4d) and it also randomly crashes there if i have big project loaded, like if the viewport is bit loaded...

Now again it doesnt always happen, sometimes it doesnt happen for hours then suddenly it does...

I also tried running artifacts scan with ATITool, first run crashed after 18 secs, second run, i ran it for 15 minutes...

Now as for temps, i get 35-38 on idle, and about 55-60 on load. (unless its faking i dont think its that?)

Any ideas? hope i gave enough info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. however I cannot find the VPU Recover on the Catalyst panel, hmm I'm missing it for sure, it might have other name?

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Uninstall the drivers, use driver cleaner pro and then search for the remaining files. After that install the 8.10 drivers.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helical View Post
I'm already on 8.10... or do u mean a re installation would help? I doubt that
You need to reinstall them. First you need to uninstall them with the installer or "programs and features". After that use Driver Cleaner Pro in safemode to remove any other ATI drivers/files. Finally use search to find the last few ATI files that are left and delete them. After that reinstall it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin View Post
You need to reinstall them. First you need to uninstall them with the installer or "programs and features". After that use Driver Cleaner Pro in safemode to remove any other ATI drivers/files. Finally use search to find the last few ATI files that are left and delete them. After that reinstall it.
Thanks Marin

I have been having this problem for a while now. In the past I have uninstalled from the control panel then used drive sweeper in safe mode, but it never cured the problem. After reading your post I did as before but this time after I completed it I went to C:/Windows System32 and deleted 6 files that were not removed by the uninstall and drive sweeper. I then reinstalled the Vista 8-10 Hot fix drivers and the problem has been fixed. I Have been having this problem since the 8-6 drivers. So thank you for posting it is much appreciated.

Grandpa

·
Registered
2 Posts
I suppose you have reinstalled drivers, at least once... I´ve the same card, and play cod4, crysis and some more without problems. Maybe you can try with alternative drivers. I´ve read them give you a better performance in some games and apps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts