Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. For all you HD4890 users, do share the fan speed you are currently using, and the temps you are getting.

Im using a PowerColor HD4890 PCS+ 1GB (the 1 with the zerotherm cooler)

Im running at 55% fan speed, with a coolermaster sticker 120mm fan running at 1400rpm on my side panel blowing toward the card.
Idling @ 47-48 constant. And loads at 75 and near constant 80. Most of the time its 75 though during gaming and artifacts test.

not overclocked. Running at stock 950/1050

According to Everest Ultimate, my memory is idling at 56 degrees. Is it normal?

I have a few question tho'. Is it ok to increase the fan speed to the fullest? Will it damage the card?

What is the maximum temp for this 55nm chip.

PS : Lastly, i notice that the heat-sink is slightly slanted. Just a little, not obvious. I dont know whether it is normal or not. It dosent bother the temps and stuff. Should i stick with the "Do not try to fix something that is working fine" rule?

Do share the temps you are getting too =).

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
I had a Sapphire reference card.

Usually idled around 42-46c w/ 35-40% fan depending on the ambient temperature / season, memory was around the same IIRC
(your temps are within range so I wouldn't worry
)

Increasing the fan speed won't damage the card, it could shorten the life-span of the fan itself though (wouldn't worry about it really unless you plan on 100% 24/7 or something).
Also for your side fan; since that card doesn't exhaust out of the case you'd probably get better temps having it exhaust rather than blow air in at the card.

• Rep+
Reactions: Crazy^^Red

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van View Post
I had a Sapphire reference card.

Usually idled around 42-46c w/ 35-40% fan depending on the ambient temperature / season, memory was around the same IIRC
(your temps are within range so I wouldn't worry
)

Increasing the fan speed won't damage the card, it could shorten the life-span of the fan itself though (wouldn't worry about it really unless you plan on 100% 24/7 or something).
Also for your side fan; since that card doesn't exhaust out of the case you'd probably get better temps having it exhaust rather than blow air in at the card.
Thanks for the input.

The country i live in is pretty hot. Monsoon season is over, everyday is summer. Damn it. Ambient temps are never good. To make things worst, my air-conditioner is spoiled and im using a fan right now =(

My case fans are limited right now. Ill be getting some Acryans soon. Then i will mount my Silverstone AP121 on my HDD rack blowing towards the card (From the memory area >to> the back) then i will use the side panel fan as an exhaust. Good idea =)

My card runs pretty quiet. Even at 55%, it dosent bothers me. My 120mm fans are louder.

And yes, what happens if the fan dies? Will i need to RMA it? Or get a after market cooler.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Yep, if the fan on that dies you'd need to either RMA or get an aftermarket cooler.

Again I wouldn't worry about it too much though

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have the same cooler as you and same clocks 950/1050 and my card's fan is 32% and in gaming about 50%. Idle temps 41-44C and max temps in games about 61C and in furmark 600 seconds 67C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts