Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
imo it wont fit , it will continue into the hdd cage .. aslong as u have no hdd's there it might be possible ..

i may be wrong though .

If u want to xfire 2 6950's get a larger case , airflow is important .

edit: im almost positive they wont fit , they will take over your hdd bays .

6950 is 11 inches long .

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
If your goal is micro ATX, try an NZXT Vulcan. It will fit two 6950's easily and has plenty of cooling potential.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Taken from newegg feedback of that item:
Pros: first off had this case awhile and dont let size fool you holds two 120mm for intake/exhaust. has plenty of room for my oversized hyper tx3 with 120mm fan. and just recently fit the new amd radeon 6870 which is close to ten inches long.

Taken from newegg 6950 details:
Card Dimensions
10.2" x 4.38" x 1.5"

I'm not 100% sure as I don't have the exact measurement of back of case to HDD cage. But eying it I'd say it won't... Anyone know if the 6900 series are longer? From what I found its only 0.1" diff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
the metal is super thin on that case as well, it feels like its gonna break when any kind of pressure is applied to it

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,346 Posts
I've got the Apex mATX case, the one that has the built in handle, and the Golden Edition cooler is just out of the HDD cage.

You have plenty of room. There are two other mounts that will fit HDDs. The two slots above that set below are normally reserved for IDE drives due to the close proximity of the twin slots, making a Primary/Slave config super easy, or for a floppy drive. That would leave your bottom rack clear and you could use up that space to your heart's content. CFX will be tricky but not impossible. I would suggest modding the bottom of the case to have a little hole that you can mount a grill or something so the bottom fan can breathe if you DO take that route. I plan on doing something similar. ^^

Cooling for that case would consist of an Antec Kuhler H2O or something similar. I'm jealous... ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrip;13078037
This is the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcmcfPVjn_g

NZXT Vulcan
Maaan... that's a sexy mATX case! Awww... I should have gotten that one back when! Not cool! D:

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys, what about a 5.25 to 3.5 converter? and just simply removing the HDD rack al together then adding a 120mm fan on the bottom as intake? Also im not "skimping" on a case this is the case i want, im sick of having such a huge case that looks plain gaudy, i want somthing underdogish.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I second the vulcan.

Room for upgrades and is relatively cheap too!

·
Banned
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin;13078260
I second the vulcan.

Room for upgrades and is relatively cheap too!
oops, forgot to mention that i think the vulcan is one of the ugliest cases ive ever seen, period.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts