Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
There is no point. The only reason I can think of is if you want to one day migrate the W7 partition to another drive, unless you plan to upgarde your HDD to a SSD then dont do it

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Yes, sorry for the delay your thread got lost in 3 pages of subscribed threads. Save the hassle and just make it 1 big one. Keep it only 1 partition unless you want something specifically separate on a another one

·
Registered
159 Posts
Isn't it reasonable to make a small partition for OS and programs, and another big one for storage, just so it would be easy to format the small partition when he wants to reinstall windows?

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
I suppose so, but it depends, that would be put to better use with a small size HDD as primary so the big HDD will be under less stress making ti less vulnerable to die

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
It's much better to have separate partitions for when the time comes (Plus the first partition or the OS partition will always be faster, as small as you can do it the better short of upgrading to a SSD)
It's a practice my dad used all the time working in the IT industry (So it's only normal i have all the ropes he has
biggrin.gif
)

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
In that case I might apply that to my upcoming build, thanks and +rep, but it depends on what your do really

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroc1999 View Post

In that case I might apply that to my upcoming build, thanks and +rep, but it depends on what your do really
biggrin.gif
So at least when the OS been corrupted again you can just reformat that partition and leave the data alone
biggrin.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts