Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planing to get this drive setup soon. Anything I should think about? I plan to write to the 3 TB drives as fast as they can handle. Can this kind of thing be slowed by a motherboard? Sorry for my ignorance.

500GB OS

500GB Media

500GB Games/Programs

1TB Video Game Recording Drive 1

1TB Video Game Recording Drive 2

1TB Video Game Recording Drive 3

I use Dxtory not FRAPS. Dxtory needs much more space and bandwidth. It also can write to multiable drives at once. Hence the 3 TB drives.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Looks good to me. If you're going to be putting your Media and Games etc on separate drives. Why not just get an SSD for your boot drive? Don't think you need that big of a HDD for your OS if nothing but the OS is going to be there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden
View Post

Looks good to me. If you're going to be putting your Media and Games etc on separate drives. Why not just get an SSD for your boot drive? Don't think you need that big of a HDD for your OS if nothing but the OS is going to be there.

I do tend to put a lot on my OS drive. My OS drive right now is 500GB and its more then half full with data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.