Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

My problem is that I want to connect my xbox 360 and my PC to my monitor at the same time. The problem is that the monitor doesn't have two HDMI outputs, so I have to use DVI for my PC. My problem is though that I don't have a DVI cable, but I found a VGA cable with a DVI converter on one end. Would this give me the same picture quality that an HDMI cable would? It's on right now, and the resolution is 1920x1080 as before, but I don't know if there is going to be a decrease in picture quality during gaming.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not about the price, but I'm lazy
biggrin.gif

Besides, if I don't need to, why would I spend money on a cable I practically already have?

I'm aware that I don't get sound with VGA or DVI, which isn't a problem. But there's gotta be a difference between VGA and DVI?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkanG View Post

It's not about the price, but I'm lazy
biggrin.gif

Besides, if I don't need to, why would I spend money on a cable I practically already have?
I'm aware that I don't get sound with VGA or DVI, which isn't a problem. But there's gotta be a difference between VGA and DVI?
vga is analogue ie the cable quality denote the picture quality

dvi is a digital cable, ergo any cable will do the same job,

do yourself a favor and just get a dvi cable when you see one next.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post

vga is analogue ie the cable quality denote the picture quality
dvi is a digital cable, ergo any cable will do the same job,
do yourself a favor and just get a dvi cable when you see one next.
Yes, I am aware of the whole analog vs digital mumbo jumbo. But I just want to know what differences it will make, when it actually looks perfectly fine with a VGA. I'll go buy a DVI cable in the end regardless, just to feel good about myself
biggrin.gif
Even though I don't feel that it's necessary. So I wanted to know if anybody knew what the differences actually are, when the VGA and DVI cable are both fully functioning and compared to each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.