Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a Xiggy s1283 (The original one). My question is to mount it, do I just place the retention clip through the grooves and clip it onto the Motherboard?

Another thing, is there a special way to apply TIM to these kind of coolers?

Yes I'm aware I may have to mount it up-down.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
to apply tim
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=5

Quote:

For my final application method, two short lines measuring half the total length of the processor were placed on the two center mounting base partitions. Keep in mind that for this method, as well as the others, it is important to fill the channels level with thermal compound so that the the additional material may spread somewhat unrestricted to the edges.

·
Unimportant
17,772 Posts
You will have to mount it with the fan blowing up or down.. I have used several different methods, generally I like the two lines between the heatpipes method. And yes you just slide the bracket into the grooves and latch it down like any am2 bracket cpu cooler.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just installed my DK today. Yeah, you just put the clip on the heatsink and latch it down like the stock one. I put a nice thin layer of TIM on the processor and a little in the grooves of the heatsink itself, too. Seems to be doing it's job, I'm idling at 29° and hitting 41° under load with a 8MHz overclock.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies. +rep

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering the DK today. I just wanted to know if this is easy to install, anything I need to be aware of when installing on my mobo? I'm also ordering some AS5 as well so hopefully I can continue forward and seeing how far I can take my rig. Thanks

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by R3d T34rz
View Post

I'm thinking about ordering the DK today. I just wanted to know if this is easy to install, anything I need to be aware of when installing on my mobo? I'm also ordering some AS5 as well so hopefully I can continue forward and seeing how far I can take my rig. Thanks

It will most likely block 2 of your RAM slots.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another few quick questions, there's a protective sticker which left alot of residue when I removed it, how do i clean it off?

Also, would a 1.9k RPM Slipstream (110cfm) be better than the stock Xiggy fan? which is around 55-60cfm I think.

And one more thing, will the weight of this cooler be ok for my Motherboard? I'm planning to do push/pull in future.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another thing
, does anybody know the fan pressure for the different slipstream versions at 1200, 1600, and 1900rpm?, can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't see where it states their static pressures?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nevermind, found these on the scythe forums:

500RPM -- 0.12mmAq
800RPM -- 0.34mmAq
1200RPM -- 0.92mmAq
1600RPM -- 1.46mmAq
1900RPM -- 2.30mmAq

The Stock Xiggy fan is 1.57mmAq and 1500RPM (56 cfm) at full speed.

If i were to run the slipstream at about 1400 RPM (around 75-80cfm I guess?), would it perform better than the stock Xigmatek fan although the pressure will be a little lower?

I also heard that you shouldn't mount sleeve bearing fans horizontally, and I will have to mount my Heatsink horizontally as i'm on AMD.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
Nevermind, found these on the scythe forums:

500RPM -- 0.12mmAq
800RPM -- 0.34mmAq
1200RPM -- 0.92mmAq
1600RPM -- 1.46mmAq
1900RPM -- 2.30mmAq

The Stock Xiggy fan is 1.57mmAq and 1500RPM (56 cfm) at full speed.

If i were to run the slipstream at about 1400 RPM (around 75-80cfm I guess?), would it perform better than the stock Xigmatek fan although the pressure will be a little lower?

I also heard that you shouldn't mount sleeve bearing fans horizontally, and I will have to mount my Heatsink horizontally as i'm on AMD.
Slipstreams suck for heatsink use

Get an S-Flex

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to use either the Xiggy fan or the slipstream for now, so which one?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GameBoy
View Post

I'd say just use the stock one for now. It's not bad at all and the white LEDs light up my case pretty nice. If you want to go with a different fan, the Ultra Kaze would be your best bet. I'll probably get one the next time I order something.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the original s1283 (with the crappiest fan out of them all i think), so should I still go for it?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GameBoy
View Post

I'm using 2 of the 1600 slip streams and they do a really good job.The reduced my idle by 3c and load by 12c.

They are ultra quiet.

Attachment 116330

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
12c load? Very nice...

Anyway would I be able to use 2 1900RPM Slipstream Fans in my Motherboard Headers? or do they consume too much power?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts