Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
No clue man, I haven't tried it yet.
Im willing to bet that it will autodetect.
But that you will need some software to play it.
This is just a guess tho.
But it should work. thats what its there for.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolutionsentra

My 7800gt has VIVO. I already have a set-top HDTV box. Can I use the component outputs from the box to the component connector on the VIVO cable to get HDTV on my monitor?

-Allen

If you have the component jacks on both ends, then yes it will work. I would first make sure that it is set to autodetect TV's in the Nvidia settings menu. If the TV uses a set top box, I would check to see if it supports RGB or DVI input. I know that our Sharp LCD and Pioneer Plasma screens with boxes support it. That way you can use your computer cables (and get somewhat better quality picture!)

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecomputerdude

If you have the component jacks on both ends, then yes it will work. I would first make sure that it is set to autodetect TV's in the Nvidia settings menu. If the TV uses a set top box, I would check to see if it supports RGB or DVI input. I know that our Sharp LCD and Pioneer Plasma screens with boxes support it. That way you can use your computer cables (and get somewhat better quality picture!)

You got it mixed up man.
He wants HDTV to computer to monitor.
Not HDTV from computer to tv.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweako_420

You got it mixed up man.
He wants HDTV to computer to monitor.
Not HDTV from computer to tv.

Correct. I installed the drivers for VIVO. Hooked everything up. Download beyondTV. and everything I ran the beyondTV setup guide, the computer would restart and restore everything to defaults. for some reason I won't let me use any inputs. I wonder if it's because I run SLi?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts